Anyone using a parabolic windsurfer?

Reaction score
Decided to make my own following the diy directions but it looks too large for the P3S antenna. The ones for the Advance and Pro look much better. Where can I find a 3D printed one?

Attachments

• 1444581027468-766743778.jpg
    1444581027468-766743778.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 785
Made one and remembered the 2.4 panels were in the TX and that covered them so I didn't try it . Worked with my P2 but extender was in front of it .
Made the same one you did .:)

Would the WiFi extender for the P2 work on the P3? I'm not having range problems, just curious for future upgrades

I haven't seen that worked out yet .
Really don't know which one has more power .
I'm not even gonna attempt it but just add the itelite myself .
Am sure we will see more folks trying stuff with a little time .

I don't know enough physics to know if you need a different dimension of parabola for the different frequency of the RC antenna.
You're really just trying to turn an omni antenna into a sector one I guess so maybe it's not so critical.

I do find it funny that the RC antenna is an omni, while the video sender antennas are sectors. I guess it's a bigger deal if you fly over your head and lose RC, while you can tolerate losing video while you re-adjust your position.

Certainly worth not blocking the video sector antennas if possible.

Maybe I'm a coward but I'm actually not that bothered about range yet - just starting off and the idea of even considering sending my P3S past the 500m CE hard range limit seems crazy right now.
If I can get that far I'll be pretty happy I think, as at that range the P3S is going to be pretty tiny!!

Anyway let us know how your experiments go with the windsurfer.
Dave

I'm pretty satisfied with my range as well. Sometimes I get a choppy video feed and wanted to try something that might make it more solid as well as reduce the chance of a weak signal warning. Plus it's a very cheap mod so I decided to give it a try.

Maybe I'm a coward but I'm actually not that bothered about range yet - just starting off and the idea of even considering sending my P3S past the 500m CE hard range limit seems crazy right now.
If I can get that far I'll be pretty happy I think, as at that range the P3S is going to be pretty tiny!!
I was a bit worried about that CE restricted 500m range, but yesterday I hit 990m with my new P3S, still with a strong signal. I don't really see the point in flying that far, but it's nice to know it's possible.

e7nekz.jpg

Hi Folks,
Just wanted to report back that I picked up one of the (parabolic) Windsurfer reflectors on eBay, for $10.
I tried it out with my P3A, standing at an altitude of 80m on a tall tower and flying out over the ocean. It increased my range from 4.0km to 5.2km (unobstructed). "Range" being the point when the video feed starts breaking up.
On the photo, below, I'm stading somewhere on one of the towers on the horizon.
Cheers.
EAGLE KLANG-2.jpg

Thanks, thought this was the standard forum lol ;)

Guess my only option is a itelite setup? Looking for winter projects :)

Reactions: Jezzy
My bad! Appologies for that!!

My first post and I go and muck it up. Will be more careful in future.
Your not the first or will be the last Luis :)Welcome to the forum :)

Just wanted to update as well.... I purchased this parabolic booster and noticed a 200M increase in range. Previously I was getting 600m before weak signal standing in my backyard. Today I went to 812M from the same spot with about 2 bars left on the WiFi signal. The weak signal warning had not flashed yet but I decided not to push my luck and turned back...so it's possible this booster could add more. I might also point out my neighborhood has community WiFi so there is probably extra added interference if that makes any difference. I purchased the Phantom 2 WiFi booster on amazon for about $12 shipped and it fits my p3S remote.

Attachments

• booster .jpg
    booster .jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 723

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic