Anyone using a Huawei Media Pad M3 (Android)

I've seen people like it, but I couldn't possibly justify it at its price. You could buy an iPad mini, and iPad 5th gen, a Samsung S2 in the same price range. This would be something I would get at sub $150.

I use that pad for my Phantom 3 but I was wondering if it will work on the Phantom 4 is that what you are using it for?
Yes.. I use it with the P4 pro and it's better than the Nvidia K1 that I used previously.
I'm not sure how the Lite version is but the M3 8.4 is great.
I've seen people like it, but I couldn't possibly justify it at its price. You could buy an iPad mini, and iPad 5th gen, a Samsung S2 in the same price range. This would be something I would get at sub $150.
Looking at Amazon, it compares well on price. $262 for a 32GB wifi model

Based on the specs and my personal experience with both the iPAD mini 4 and the Huawei M3 , The cheapo chinese tab is the clear winner.

Processor speed , cpu core count, pixel density, ram, and removable storage are all > ipad & samsung specs.

While i will admit it took LOTS of research to decide to give it a try, after nabbing mine for 225 it's totally worth the purchase.

The screen is phenomenal as is the speed. Boots like a bat outta you know where LOL.

I use the M3 now after tripping over an unburied cable line from spectrum and smashing the ipad mini 4.

EDIT: The only missing feature for me , is the 5ghz wifi band on the US models. However there are some who've rooted theirs and unlocked the 5ghz wifi.

Reactions: Meta4
Based on the specs and my personal experience with both the iPAD mini 4 and the Huawei M3 , The cheapo chinese tab is the clear winner.

Thank you. After I read that and the endorsement by @Meta4 a few weeks ago, I bought an M3 and couldn't be more tickled. My shield K1 died a little over a month ago.

I've been on Android since the Motorola Droid 1, never owned an Apple product until my daughter bought an iPhone late last year, but considered jumping ship to a Mini 4 for a flight tablet. Glad now I got this so I don't have to learn a new OS, new app store, iTunes, etc.

This thing is fast, bright, minimal bloatware, and just the right size. I can quickly and easily switch between DJI GO and Litchi with no hiccups (just turn the RC off and back on, pick your app from the pop-up list, and tap 'just once'), and accessories are cheap compared to iGadgets... and I'm posting this using the excellent speech-to-text --- it's very fast and accurate. And the fingerprint unlock is quick too.

I could go on and on but I won't... lol

To say "I like it" would be an understatement.

Oh and BTW... I bought an excellent desktop stand for it, use it mostly in landscape mode, paired a spare Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to it, and for the first time discovered the joy of using a stylus with a tablet.

I loaded the CyberLink PowerDirector app - basic editing is very easy, and rendering a 3-4 minute video is 10x faster than my PC! Practically only use the computer anymore for litchi missions and Google Earth kml's.

That is great! I love my m3, but could not get it to work with 2 different phantom 4 pro's. Using it only for my p3 for now.

Uh oh... that puts a kink in things. I have a p3p right now but plan to add a p4p later... after the 'next gen' Phantom comes out and the 4P price drops

Yeah I know it is supposed to work with the P4 Pro I don't know if it's in my USB cable or what but it just would not connect I was able to get the camera to show but I could never get it to fly. I'm sure it is not the device it is something I am not doing in a setting or again I have heard that sometimes there's a problem with the cable

I'm sure it is not the device it is something I am not doing in a setting

Or it could be an installed app that 'takes control' of the USB port on boot-up and won't let go?

And have you turned on 'developer options' and made any tweaks to the USB port? That's the first thing I did on this new tablet

And have you turned on 'developer options' and made any tweaks to the USB port? That's the first thing I did on this new tablet
Sorry to bring up this old post, but I have ordered an M3 8,4" for use with Litchi on my P4P. What tweaks do you recommend to do in developer mode?

Sorry to bring up this old post, but I have ordered an M3 8,4" for use with Litchi on my P4P. What tweaks do you recommend to do in developer mode?
I can't think of anything special needed after you set Enable Developer Mode.
The tablet just works when you do.

Here's a good checklist for preparing any Android tablet for running the app:

Reactions: flynorth
I can't think of anything special needed after you set Enable Developer Mode.
The tablet just works when you do.

Here's a good checklist for preparing any Android tablet for running the app:
Thank you Meta4. There is a discussion about whether or not to enable USB debugging mode. Some recommend you do, others say it is most stable if you don't enable. The checklist from Phantomhelp does not mention it as far as I can see. What are your thoughts about this?

Thank you Meta4. There is a discussion about whether or not to enable USB debugging mode. Some recommend you do, others say it is most stable if you don't enable. The checklist from Phantomhelp does not mention it as far as I can see. What are your thoughts about this?
I don't have USB debugging enabled.
But you do have to have developer mode enabled.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj