Anyone using a gimbal/landing gear protection?

I see these a lot. Never purchased one because I fell like I will see it all time on video and it wont fit in my case with it on.

I have a similar one and have never seen in in my 90° down footage. It's a nice protection for ur camera.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Last edited:
Reactions: Luis Costa and Bag1
I had one on my P2+ and now one on my P3P. Excellent product, tremendous peace of mind and have never seen it in over 25 hrs of footage.

Do you guys zip tie them on? Has it ever fell off in a crash or hard landing? I just received one from SKYREAT and put it on, it seems pretty tight in between the landing skids. I feel the zip ties will make it look cheap.

My UAVbits does not have the zip ties. It fits fine where it is.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Not good when you fly at windy area...I fly once using that stuff and make my p3 not fly straight

Not good when you fly at windy area...I fly once using that stuff and make my p3 not fly straight
Not convinced it would affect stability in any way with the limited profile it assumes. I've had one for awhile and I would never know it was there.

Do you guys zip tie them on? Has it ever fell off in a crash or hard landing? I just received one from SKYREAT and put it on, it seems pretty tight in between the landing skids. I feel the zip ties will make it look cheap.

I did, and you cant notice it. It also makes the entire P3 sturdier, especially when hand catching. Overall, Im happy and think its worth the investment, but not necessary.

I dont use protection on my p3p, I had a talk with it about those dirty type of quads that get around so it doesnt have to worry about contracting any viruses. But on a serious note Yes those gimble protectors throw off the flight characteristics and create drag. Its like adding a elevator on a plane.

I plan to get one to at least try out. As fpsmatt mentioned, these things create drag. Hopefully it won't hurt flight times too much.

Or you could just work on landings to be more perfect and watch where you land it. OR yea catch it. I dont or plan on using RTH on my quad.

I have the Carbon Fiber one from ebay. Within a week of installing it, I had to force it down in a rocky area to avoid collision with a tree. I'm almost certain that the protector along with the "Phantom 3 Fix bracket" kept my gimbal alive.

Yes, I use uavbits guard on both my birds. Although I've never tested in a crash, it's a great bit of protection just in case!

I installed the following to mine. Hope it protects it a little without the added weight
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438995894.126063.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik