Anyone using 8x6 props? I'm trying them

Reaction score
Was at the local Hobby store today and he only had pusher/pullers in 8x6 so I figured I would experiment. unfortunately we had 18 mph winds so I didn't get to see if it has an effect on video but I sure had fun in Atti mode in strong gusting winds. Im posting a video on my Youtube channel in my sig, its sort of low quality and still taking 30 minutes to upload so it might not be up yet. You can see the wind shove the lil guy around when I try and hover. I will report back when and if it ever calms down

IMG_0226_zpse9cd3eaa.jpg

I purchased some 9x5x8mm carbon fiber props from Aerial Media Pro's, they look like Graupners.
$ 25.90 per pair.

I also purchased 8x4.5 carbon fiber props that look identical to the original phantom props, including the flats
in the bore. Ebay store "Next Digital" in Hong Kong. only $20 for a set of 4 2 cw and 2 ccw.

I received both in the mail today, but will not be trying either for a while, as I have Graupner 8x5 on it now.

Audaciter said:
I purchased some 9x5x8mm carbon fiber props from Aerial Media Pro's, they look like Graupners.
$ 25.90 per pair.

I also purchased 8x4.5 carbon fiber props that look identical to the original phantom props, including the flats
in the bore. Ebay store "Next Digital" in Hong Kong. only $20 for a set of 4 2 cw and 2 ccw.

I received both in the mail today, but will not be trying either for a while, as I have Graupner 8x5 on it now.

Wow, sounds like some options out there!
god any links to them? (I didn't have much luck in a search)

Audaciter said:
$ 25.90 per pair.

Looking forward to some feed back especially on the 9x5s

Actually I had some coyotes outside this morning and decided to chase them down, when I took off it veered over slightly and scraped the rocks but took off and was flying fine, when I got it back I noticed it had broke 1/4" of one prop and almost 1/2" off another. The thing flew fine......how weird is that, so much for balanced props having an effect on video. I think I'm going back to the originals and test them in 20 mph winds and if they hold up, stick to them

Pwright, and Sac D, Both of you have found the correct link.

They look really good. I have one on the prop balancer right now, and can see that they will have to be balanced.

The 9" props from AerialMediaPros.com look spectacular ! They are shaped like Graupner's, but are carbon fiber mesh, not compressed carbon, like the Graupners, so they look cool.

Also the ones from Aerial Media Pros have an 8mm bore already, so no need to go through all the hassle with a bore reamer.
I would use spacers under them though.

[edit] I just put the Aerial Media Pro props on the balancer, and they are perfectly balanced !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31