Anyone used www.phantomrepair.co.uk (AB Repair)?

Rip

Reaction score
I bought a controller battery from them a couple of weeks ago, I need to return it so contacted them and they said as long as it goes back to them in the same condition they sent it to me in that they'd refund me right away.

At the same time they also said I could send them my controller for assessment and possible repair as it's faulty.

So I sent both items to them VERY well packed and I can see that they signed for them 4 days ago.

BUT they absolutely will not respond to me, not even to acknowledge receipt of the items and I've not received a refund for the battery.

The website says: We have most repairs back to you within 1 week. If we need to send away for parts to repair your Phantom this will add a few days. We will keep you updated about any delays via E-Mail

I've tried calling them (no answer) and I've tried emailing them direct and through the websites inquiry form multiple times and I've even tried booking a repair through the website and I've not gotten anything back at all. The website says that when booking a repair you will get an email conformation back with follow up info from their staff but I've had nothing.

So far they have my controller which is £250 if I have to replace it, the battery I bought from them for £33 AND the battery!

If they weren't 300 miles away I would have drive up there by now and got my stuff back! All I have is a signature to prove I sent them a parcel, I don't really see that there is anything I can do if they decide to just steal my stuff and not respond to me?

They also go by the names:

www.drone-repair.uk
www.ghdpcbrepair.co.uk
www,ab-repair.co.uk

Hope you get hold of them and they turn out to be ok, but TBH any business stating they have "a team of techs" at an address that's actually a semi-detached house somewhere, must be... well... stretching the truth a bit?
The only ones I'd touch would be Heliguy and Drone Doctor - they have DJI trained techies.

Hope you get hold of them and they turn out to be ok, but TBH any business stating they have "a team of techs" at an address that's actually a semi-detached house somewhere, must be... well... stretching the truth a bit?
The only ones I'd touch would be Heliguy and Drone Doctor - they have DJI trained techies.
Yeah I did see the address already. They did actually reply today saying I’m in a repair queue. I suspect I only got the reply today after I messaged them for about the 10th time saying I’d be going to the address and/or calling the Police.

Yeah I did see the address already. They did actually reply today saying I’m in a repair queue. I suspect I only got the reply today after I messaged them for about the 10th time saying I’d be going to the address and/or calling the Police.
Yeah, that probably helped get a response. Over promising and under delivering in an expensive niche sector, will quickly wreck it. Communication, as always, is key.

Yeah, that probably helped get a response. Over promising and under delivering in an expensive niche sector, will quickly wreck it. Communication, as always, is key.
The only reason I sent it to them was because they were the only only place in the UK selling a genuine controller battery which I thought I needed and when I tried the battery and the controller still wouldn’t charge I messaged them and they said they’d refund me for the battery and “Why don’t I send them the controller for repair as it sounds like an issue they’ve seen before”. As soon as I sent the items communications just stopped dead.

The only reason I sent it to them was because they were the only only place in the UK selling a genuine controller battery which I thought I needed and when I tried the battery and the controller still wouldn’t charge I messaged them and they said they’d refund me for the battery and “Why don’t I send them the controller for repair as it sounds like an issue they’ve seen before”. As soon as I sent the items communications just stopped dead.
I'm sure both Heliguy and Drone Doctor would replace the controller battery, and would certainly repair the RC. And I don't see how they'd have "genuine" RC batteries either, as its been established the OE manufacturer doesn't supply them direct to anyone.

I'm sure both Heliguy and Drone Doctor would replace the controller battery, and would certainly repair the RC. And I don't see how they'd have "genuine" RC batteries either, as its been established the OE manufacturer doesn't supply them direct to anyone.

They had a genuine used and tested one for sale. They sell a lot of used parts.

I did actually email drone doctor about 6 weeks ago but they never replied....

I did actually email drone doctor about 6 weeks ago but they never replied....
I guess a call would've been faster? Anyway, I've never used them, but I recommended them to a mate. They've since carried-out two repairs, including a reshell, and they've been excellent.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4