Anyone use an iPhone 6s Plus with the Phantom?

Reaction score
Guys,

My mobile / cellular contract has just finished so looking at a new phone. Due to the large-ish screen size I was looking at an iPhone 6s Plus. I also use an OSMO so having one device to use with both would be quite handy, but if the consensus is that the screen is too small still (or any other reason) I'd rather get a device which is more suited. I have read stories about hefty battery drain on the 6s / 6s Plus but not sure if thats isolated or the norm. So if anyone uses one with the P3 what's it like??

Cheers

Dave

I occasionally used (or used, rather, as it was stolen) an iPhone 6s Plus with my P3A and DJI Go and/or Autopilot. In some ways I preferred using it over the iPad as the iPhone has a decent sized screen but can also fit into a pocket. It was a good balance between screen real estate and portability.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the 6+, its great.

No problems with battery drain. (i leave everything on)

works well in sun and with built in GPS all the maps update correctly.

I did not have issues with battery drain either. I prefer to keep my devices in airplane mode once the map is loaded, but don't think it has a huge impact on battery ether way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use an iPad Mini and an iPhone 6+. One thing I noticed is that the 6+ is that while it is smaller, it has a better image. To be fair, my iPad is a couple years old.

The 6S is fine, as everyone says. I switch between the 6S and a newish mini iPad. Screen quality seems about the same - the biggest nit I have (pun intended) is that neither has a daylight capable screen like my boat's displays. I'd pay for that sort of screen....

I use the 6+ and I do find it eats the battery probably about 30% but it's great as the screen is perfect and everything is stored on there easy to share etc

I use s 6S plus with my P3A. I can do s full flight and only loose about 7% battery. I turn my brightness up all most al the way so I can see the screen clearly. No issues with map leading while in the air or anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers guys thanks for the responses. What are they like in bright sunshine? Ok with just a hood (which I have) or anti reflective screen cover?? No issues with the screen being only 5.5inches?

I think if I didn't have the OSMO I'd probably go for an iPad Mini 4, but if the iPhone does the job well it saves carrying around too much kit...and saves a few quid too :)

Dave

I use the 6 plus. It's ok but live streaming, 4 batteries and a screen on the entire time. Keep a charger handy phone won't last you the whole day.

Personally no issues with the 6s plus. Then again I have a habit of killing things I don't need or use, like all background apps, Bluetooth, location for every single app, Siri...
I can get about 3 days without a charge and still text, browse web pages and check on security cameras, so flying for an hour or more hasn't been an issue.

I only use it though when I need gps or if I'm streaming to YouTube. Otherwise I'll stick with my iPad Air 2. Easier to see the screen and focus on what I'm capturing with the camera.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just back from my first proper flight, took it off beginner and it was awesome. Still didn't go further than about 150 metres away and 35 up but small steps is fine lol.

My LG G2 isn't upto the job though, perfectly useable but a bit laggy and quite hard to see properly in the sun, even with a shade on. Battery is only lasting about 10 hours now on full charge which is no good either so ugrade is on the cards.

What about screen brightness guys? With or without hood?

Cheers

Dave

I have used my iPhone 6 Plus a couple of times, but I prefer my iPad because the larger screen

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj