Anyone tried these unique prop guards?

Reaction score
No plates and screws used. Just snap on. Has anyone tried these?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I wouldn't bother as....
a/ you'll never hit anything that lightly
b/ outdoors they act like sails and upset the stabilisation of the AC.

Never tried them but look scary to use :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I agree with the above points.

I also find myself wondering how much looser they would become after you have snapped them on and off multiple times.

Just my opinion but I would have to respectfully disagree. IF I used guards I would use these for ease of attaching. Also, the plastic is probably better than what DJI uses and would help to hold the frame together around the motors and maybe prevent cracks.
I'll probably get a set just to have, the problem is I might not use them enough to justify the cost.

Just my opinion but I would have to respectfully disagree. IF I used guards I would use these for ease of attaching. Also, the plastic is probably better than what DJI uses and would help to hold the frame together around the motors and maybe prevent cracks.
I'll probably get a set just to have, the problem is I might not use them enough to justify the cost.
Everyone to their own - but I'd prefer to use the detachable slide-in prop guards which have a plastic mounting plate which remains on the drone when you remove them. I feel that also provides good reinforcement to the arm and mountings.

Equally, like sonof40, I don't use prop guards now, although when I was a newbie I somehow thought they were a good idea, as they still are for some people.

As regards whether the plastic is better or worse than the dji-produced stuff.... who knows?

3D printing plastic? Are you serious? And you really think they'll help reinforce the shell? Sheesh.... Yeah, go ahead and get a set, just to have....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31