Anyone tried new antennas for P3P?

P3 out of the box has a long range, bigger than battery life, so why just changing something that already works at it is?

Ghost master- depends on where you live. Us guys in the city can lose reception and signal from about 1,000-2,500 feet out. If your battery runs out after going out 2,500 and back there is an issue with your craft or you live in a farm in Kansas. I could go out 2,500 ft. and back and have 75% or more power remaining

I like the ideabut messing around inside controller makes me thing ouch it mite cost me a fortune to replace if i slip the wrong way with things

I like the ideabut messing around inside controller makes me thing ouch it mite cost me a fortune to replace if i slip the wrong way with things
I totally understand that :eek: Haven't seen how complex this one is yet but just thought I would throw that one in :)

P3 out of the box has a long range, bigger than battery life, so why just changing something that already works at it is?
Some are wanting better penetration a lower altitudes, ie; behind tress, Some are wanting longer range, although they probably don't need that.

I have no issue messing around inside the controller (HAM radio operator) I added long range removable antennas to my P2 controller and bird. But so far I have not felt the need for more than a mile or so, no issue with FPV just the flying I do doesn't require it.

Well from what I have seen using ether one of those 2 you going to have to go into it to add them . Was hoping to see you could just unscrew the stock ones and screw these on but was also hoping to win the PCH Sweepstakes !
I use the FPVLR ones now on just my P2 and have used the itelite one also. I did find I could go lower with the itelite one but I just couldn't go as far.
That was just me and with the P2 . What makes me plan on having a P3 is what I was seeing folks getting with it just stock verses having to do all those mods like with the P2 :)

Last edited:
Well from what I have seen using ether one of those 2 you going to have to go into it to add them . Was hoping to see you could just unscrew the stock ones and screw these on but was also hoping to win the PCH Sweepstakes !
I use the FPVLR ones now on just my P2 and have used the itelite one also. I did find I could go lower with the itelite one but I just couldn't go as far.
That was just me and with the P2 . What makes me plan on having a P3 is what I was seeing folks get with it just stock verses having to do all those mods like with the P2 :)
Yep, I modified the heck out of my P2, both controller and camera, adding external antennas on the bird. Got it to go a mile with no problem but you had to keep some altitude to do it, my P3 does twice that out of the box, no need for mod's as I am not a distance junkie.

Reactions: dirkclod
The DBS is the best bang for the buck but I don't think you need it. I've had success from 15,000 to 16,000 feet in the city.

Reactions: dirkclod
The DBS is the best bang for the buck but I don't think you need it. I've had success from 15,000 to 16,000 feet in the city.
That is what has attracted me to the P3 :) Well the great camera too but I like to go long :D
And always nice ta get back also :eek:

Yep, I modified the heck out of my P2, both controller and camera, adding external antennas on the bird. Got it to go a mile with no problem but you had to keep some altitude to do it, my P3 does twice that out of the box, no need for mod's as I am not a distance junkie.

If you really like your quad, you better leave the firmware alone. They took quite a bit away from the P3 already and most don't even realize it. It came without any limits. Then in a short time the P3 had a altitude limit. Now some say their quads do not fly as far. I actually believe that is what the main intention was with this 1.2.6 firmware that screwed up so much. P3's now dropping out of the sky, and costing each person around $75-$90 just to ship the quad back and be without it for some 2 months.

It does not take a wizard to set the P3 firmware to load firmware. For that matter rename version 1.1.9 to 1.2.9 and send it out before a P3 drops from the sky and kills someone below.

I'll tell you why they are dragging their feet on this so-called 1.2.9 firmware. It's because they are still trying to include in the firmware what it was they were taking away from the P3.

If you really like your quad, you better leave the firmware alone. They took quite a bit away from the P3 already and most don't even realize it. It came without any limits. Then in a short time the P3 had a altitude limit. Now some say their quads do not fly as far. I actually believe that is what the main intention was with this 1.2.6 firmware that screwed up so much. P3's now dropping out of the sky, and costing each person around $75-$90 just to ship the quad back and be without it for some 2 months.

It does not take a wizard to set the P3 firmware to load firmware. For that matter rename version 1.1.9 to 1.2.9 and send it out before a P3 drops from the sky and kills someone below.

I'll tell you why they are dragging their feet on this so-called 1.2.9 firmware. It's because they are still trying to include in the firmware what it was they were taking away from the P3.
blank stare.png
....Ya lost me Frank ! Thought we were talking antennas here :confused:

Reactions: QuikSilver15
Well thanks for that and Welcome to the forum west :)
Though I never had any issue's messing in the P2 TX I don't think
I want me none of that :eek::eek:..:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20