Anyone taken a gimbal motor apart?

Reaction score
Need to know what keeps the two halves of the motor together?

Had roll arm motor come apart, pushed two halves together and it's working fine. But is it going to just come apart mid flight now?

Did you crash? Lucky it wasn't worse!

Velcro used to be your friend... Ha Try a loose elastic band.
Can't imagine it releasing on it's own.

RedHotPoker

Did you crash? Lucky it wasn't worse!

Velcro used to be your friend... Ha Try a loose elastic band.
Can't imagine it releasing on it's own.

RedHotPoker
No crash, took the gimbal off the Phantom and dropped the assembly on the table from about 6" :(
I see they have gimbal savers to prevent motor separation, but I just came across them.

Those are to prevent separation upon a crash, but it might save you from worrying Or frustration.
Couldn't hurt to add it, for future Protection too.

RedHotPoker

Thank you Ted, does the cap end also have a bearing in it?
Hard to tell from the picture and I wasn't about to inspect mine closer with the ribbon cable been strained while the roll arm hung off it.

Need to know what keeps the two halves of the motor together?

Had roll arm motor come apart, pushed two halves together and it's working fine. But is it going to just come apart mid flight now?
I've always read here on the forum that it is held together magnetically. The only "gotcha" is that people sometimes don't correctly orient the flat side of the shaft.

Here's the last time I recall this question being asked:
Repair tutorial

Reactions: JoBe
I've always read here on the forum that it is held together magnetically. The only "gotcha" is that people sometimes don't correctly orient the flat side of the shaft.

Here's the last time I recall this question being asked:
Repair tutorial

Thanks Oso, makes sense as it sure comes apart easily! And yes I did run into the misalignment issue, but that was easily adjusted.

So far the camera is working better than ever! Horizon is pretty darn straight now and isn't wondering around like it did before I broke it open.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1