Anyone stuck a 360 camera to their drone?

Reaction score

My first attempt last Christmas on a spare p3a i had, no best position like but I generally fly in atti mode most times, it did effect gps but still managed to get enough sats [emoji1303]

Reactions: tjshelton
Nice recording

I can see the possibilities with this. I would probably mount it upside down from a gimbal guard on the bottom. Image would probably be upside down, but that''s easy enough to fix.

I have had a variety of experiences with 360 cameras and drones. I have made/ bought/modified 3 mounts for P4 and later P4 pro, with mixed success. I used a Kodak 360 and later Samsung Gear 360. I found flying low and slow best. Problems decending, major stability problems. I did find success with a Mavic. First with a snap on Gopro mount on top. But the view was not so good topside. The best is a 3D printed mount on the underside. Minimal sensor disruption, and generally stable. With the Samsung Gear 360, adding a rotating ball mount and a few tries to find the sweet spot, have had many nice flights. I do realize this is a Phantom site and thread, but after a year of tweaking around l thought l would share a bit if what l have learned.

Attachments

• 1507007052151.jpg
    1507007052151.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 294

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj