Attachments

• 20150215_150235.jpg
    20150215_150235.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 495
Cut down the tree!

Extendable swimming pool pole.
Air - hook with another quad.
Use a slingshot.

I've had my dromida ominus stuck higher than that (I'm guessing )..I put a ladder in the back of my truck got a pool sweep pole attached several pieces of wood and plastic pipe together to make a huge pole..took a few pokes and down it came.. the pole was so long I could barely keep it straight. .. was a big risk ,but after I felt a since of accomplishment. .I thought it was impossible to get cause it was over 40 feet in a tree and I figured out how to get it down ..

I've been in this exact situation.
I used a landscapers weighted bag and twine. Throw the weighted bag up over the branch (obviously with twine attached). It may take a few tries depending on your throwing ability but you only need it around a branch that's connected to the branch the phantom is on. Then shake gently by pulling and releasing the twine - obviously.

Once I had a phantom fall with only slight damage to landing gear and props. The other time, the fall destroyed my gimbal and camera. Now I just try really hard not to ever crash. :)

LadonKKC said:
Im so screwed right now
:D
Welcome to the forum!
Call your local tree trimmer or electrical contractor that has a bucket truck. I'd do it free if you were local.

MHL

Its all good, no damage at all ;)

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 375
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 337
The first few times I flew mine ...
Lucky for me it was above the street and not in someone's back yard.
13 ft. Rv + 10 ft. PVC pipe with a hook .
Drones seem to have an attraction to trees...

Of course... Why didn't anybody think of a bigger ladder :lol: Have fun!

My son had his drone stuck 50' up.. Went to multiple painting poles, pool poles, extension, Pvc add on etc with a hook at end. As others said hard to manipulate but if you can rest in/ off a branch it would be more stable...

glad you got it out without any damage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj