Anyone out there using autopilot app on their phantom 3 4k?

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone was using autopilot app on their 4k. I don't find any threads about it. If so, how is it working?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Bump, would also like feedback, especially GPS Follow and Airspace functionality

Airspace will only operate through cellular network (your 4K is using the wifi connection).
So the peer to peer doesnt' work as described on the Autoflight Logic site as listed below?
11.3 Peer-to-Peer Airspaces Limited Range, Lower Latency
Peer-to-Peer Airspaces use bluetooth and ad-hoc wifi networks to enable communication, which means the connection distance is limited to the maximum range of those signals (about 250-400 ft), but the connection latency is low. The maximum number of devices in a Peer-to-Peer Airspace is eight, each of which can be connected to one aircraft for a total of sixteen possible Airspace Objects.
Entering a Peer-to-Peer Airspace
  • From each device, tap the Airspace option from the main screen to open the Airspace Manager
  • Tap Enter Airspace in the toolbar
  • Choose Peer-to-Peer as the Airspace Type
  • If this is the first device, choose Wait to wait for connection invitations
  • If this is not the first device, choose Search to send connection invitations
  • If new devices are ready to connect after the initial setup, tap Search for Devices to send more invitations
  • Optional: If your device is connected to an aircraft, tap Calibrate to record the relative altitude between your aircraft and any Airspace Object that you may want to track

It's worth a try however relying on Bluetooth only your range will be severely limited. Bluetooth gives 100m at best (less on mobile devices than laptop/desktop). I know someone with a P3 4K using an IPad mini (not sure which model) and it was very unreliable. I have found it works well on P3 Pro (wifi available). I usually use the cellular function, very slight lag at times but the range is unlimited where cellular service is available.

It's worth a try however relying on Bluetooth only your range will be severely limited. Bluetooth gives 100m at best (less on mobile devices than laptop/desktop). I know someone with a P3 4K using an IPad mini (not sure which model) and it was very unreliable. I have found it works well on P3 Pro (wifi available). I usually use the cellular function, very slight lag at times but the range is unlimited where cellular service is available.
Thanks for the feedback. Do both devices need cell service or only the one being followed? I'm trying to come up with a good way to have the P3s track and follow a r/c plane. Couldn't get litchi visual tracking to keep up.

I took a chance and paid for the Autopilot program. As I only have one cellular Apple device, I took my Iphone off the TX and installed into the model airplane to attempt to have the P3S follow and get some flying shots. I had the Autopilot program set to follow behind using a couple of different altitudes and distance away. I was able to capture a couple of decent segments of flying and will need to work on improving some settings in the future once I understand the program better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1