Anyone notice the new P2V retail price

Reaction score
$979.00 at B&H Photo for the P2V .... I see on the auction site used P2V's trying to get more than this....... saw one a couple of weeks old start the bid at $500 with only 3 flights and no crashes.

Kinda say's something about the percent of profit there was on this item. I got mine in mid march with a free battery for $1199 so if we take the battery price off it was selling then for $1040. I guess I can add this experience to my many purchases in photography. Polarvision, betamax vcr, Contax cameras, Minolta cameras, Rollieflex cameras, I bought into all of these and they either died on the vine, went belly up, or sold out. Wonder what my next product to bury will be :idea:

JimDE said:
$979.00 at B&H Photo for the P2V .... I see on the auction site used P2V's trying to get more than this....... saw one a couple of weeks old start the bid at $500 with only 3 flights and no crashes.

Kinda say's something about the percent of profit there was on this item. I got mine in mid march with a free battery for $1199 so if we take the battery price off it was selling then for $1040. I guess I can add this experience to my many purchases in photography. Polarvision, betamax vcr, Contax cameras, Minolta cameras, Rollieflex cameras, I bought into all of these and they either died on the vine, went belly up, or sold out. Wonder what my next product to bury will be :idea:

I bought mine through Amazon less than 30 days ago, so I could return it for a refund right now... but since I got the free battery, it's really not worth it. And I've had a lot of fun with it already. I put the Rotorpixel gimbal on it, and eventually I'll put a camera on it that is much better than either the FC200 or the one on the Vision +.

So yeah, it's cheaper now, and good for new buyers, but there's no reason for me to care.

The RIGHT thing to do, and other manufacturers have done this for people who buy a product who's price drops significantly within 30 days time or sometimes even 60 days is to either offer a cash refund for part if not all of the difference, or offer the price difference as a credit towards future purchases. Having someone buy a new P2V at $1,200 only to have it go to $1,000 in only a few weeks time without some form of credit is bad form on the manufacturer side.

There is one thing worth noting regarding P2V vs P2V+. The quad itself is the same, no difference there. The camera itself in terms of quality is the same. What you're getting with P2V+ over P2V is the 3axis gimbal, and improved wifi range by 50 to 100% without mod necessary. Though modding will dramatically improve that. So.. if you have a modded P2V with modded antennas, add one of the inexpensive gimbals. You've got something pretty similar to the P2V+.

Reactions: Electric Warrior
For my needs the 3way gimbal nor the added range don't mean a thing to me as a still photographer My bird is stationary for my shots so stability during it's hovering is the more important aspect and was something that for my 2 P2V's got worse with ver 2 and 3. This new replacement P2V is running ver 1.08 assistant and Android app 1.38 and here is where it will stay so I can see what I am shooting and has reasonably stable hovering.

I added a 102 style tracker and mounted it on the left horizontal landing strut and it even has help correct the slant right horizon issue all my shots seemed to have before. I can live with what I have right now.... if I go deeper into this it will be a big jump into a redundant copter for my dslr's and not a DJI. Right now that does not appear like it will happen as I really do not have much trust in this technologies reliability or longevity with some of the unsafe videos I see taken with these things.... these videos are this activities worst enemy and will get this activity highly regulated or prohibited in time. One I can think of like above the clouds where the operator just held the left stick full up till the battery died and it came falling back to earth..... that is really giving the public a positive view of these things huh?

I bought my P2V on eBay with 10 flights on it for $500 (only bidder too!). Add one more battery ($75 with 3 charge cycles), and a $50 case and I was ready to go. Now I just need a cheap RE700 range extender and to mod the camera to point straight down.

I bought my P2V on eBay with 10 flights on it for $500 (only bidder too!). Add one more battery ($75 with 3 charge cycles), and a $50 case and I was ready to go. Now I just need a cheap RE700 range extender and to mod the camera to point straight down.
You could get yourself a nice cheap gimble to get your camera looking straight down plus it'll be more stable when flying;)

I fitted one a couple of months ago & it was the best thing I'd done.

Reactions: dirkclod
You could get yourself a nice cheap gimble to get your camera looking straight down plus it'll be more stable when flying;)

I fitted one a couple of months ago & it was the best thing I'd done.
More money violates the "Happy wife, happy life" rule.

More money violates the "Happy wife, happy life" rule.
Yep, know what you mean by that;) hope you enjoy your new pass time as much as I do:D any problems with your PV2, your in the right place. Soooo many friendly people here that will help you out;) I've learned so much in this forum:D

Happy flying ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
But, now I need to know. What is a nice, cheap gimbal. Link?
Look in the link in my signature and put in cheap P2V gimbals and you should see a lot of info on that . There's several on them.

Reactions: Clampit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31