Anyone need their footage edited and graded?

Reaction score
Hi

I noticed while looking round several phantom groups that many people either do not have the skills, software or time to edit and colour grade the footage that they shoot. As a young passionate videographer I thought I would help some of you out by editing and grading your footage together into a high quality video that is bound to impress. I am experienced with editing my own footage as well as others. If any of you are interested and would like to find out more please send me an email: [email protected]

Here is my YouTube Channel where you can see some of my past work

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexanderall

Nice to see a fellow video/film person here for a change. I only saw the mountain bike video on your channel. Very nice edit and grade. I do have one critique from that video: The music bed. It seems that track was chosen because someone is a fan of that track/band; not because it fits the material.

Nice to see a fellow video/film person here for a change. I only saw the mountain bike video on your channel. Very nice edit and grade. I do have one critique from that video: The music bed. It seems that track was chosen because someone is a fan of that track/band; not because it fits the material.
Thanks for the feedback. The music for that video was chosen by the rider that I was filming for therefore I did not have a choice. The Video that I am most pleased with is the Gliding video called "flying without an engine". Have a look at that and tell me what you think! Thanks again

Thanks for the feedback. The music for that video was chosen by the rider that I was filming for therefore I did not have a choice. The Video that I am most pleased with is the Gliding video called "flying without an engine". Have a look at that and tell me what you think! Thanks again
Great video work. That video makes me want to get back in the air again right now LOL!

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return Leonardo da Vinci

Reactions: Alexander Allen
Thanks for the feedback. The music for that video was chosen by the rider that I was filming for therefore I did not have a choice.
My suspicion confirmed. I watched the glider video. Epic. What difference a matching music bed makes. The wing shot where you can see the light rays bathing the landscape is breathtaking.

Since you are part of the brotherhood of artists I have one request: Please do not work for free for any organization (individuals are OK if you are passionate about the project); And especially, do not throw your talent away in video contests sponsored by multi-billion dolar companies. Don't buy into the "do it for exposure" bullcrap. There are enough suckers around working for free, trying to "break in" with the hopes of someday getting payed. Companies can always exploit suckers with your level of talent indefinitely and simply not pay anyone, ever. If you don't find clients, learn to shoot and work on your own stuff. Please do not perpetuate the current abuse in the creative fields.

Reactions: Alexander Allen
My suspicion confirmed. I watched the glider video. Epic. What difference a matching music bed makes. The wing shot where you can see the light rays bathing the landscape is breathtaking.

Since you are part of the brotherhood of artists I have one request: Please do not work for free for any organization (individuals are OK if you are passionate about the project); And especially, do not throw your talent away in video contests sponsored by multi-billion dolar companies. Don't buy into the "do it for exposure" bullcrap. There are enough suckers around working for free, trying to "break in" with the hopes of someday getting payed. Companies can always exploit suckers with your level of talent indefinitely and simply not pay anyone, ever. If you don't find clients, learn to shoot and work on your own stuff. Please do not perpetuate the current abuse in the creative fields.

Thankyou very much for your supportive feedback. Means alot after the hours spent putting work into creating them! I aim to inspire people when I create my videos so it is great to hear that it does that for some people.

Thankyou very much for your supportive feedback. Means alot after the hours spent putting work into creating them! I aim to inspire people when I create my videos so it is great to hear that it does that for some people.
Oh believe me I know about the long countless hours to make quality work. Here is the best editor appreciation video if you have not seen it:

And speaking of long hours, if you have not yet tried FCPX and have access to a Mac that can run it, I suggest you give it shot ASAP. Once you edit with keywords instead of bins/folders, you’ll never go back. You still need to go through all the footage, but only ONCE. After that, if you were smart about your keywords, you will be able to insta-find any clip from your project 95% of the time. It’s a revelation.

I hadn't seem that video before. Puts into perspective how much we do!

Unfortunately I am a windows user so I am just limmited to premier pro really - which is still a very nice piece of software! Most of my time is spent waiting for previews to render so I guess I will have to upgrade my PC at somepoint. Do you have a youtube channel or something where I can see what you have created?

Great video work. That video makes me want to get back in the air again right now LOL!

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return Leonardo da Vinci
I know the feeling! I havent managed to fly a glider since september due to the weather!

Reactions: BigAl07
I know the feeling! I havent managed to fly a glider since september due to the weather!
I've not been in the air since December but more videos like yours and I'll have to get back in the air LOL

Hi

I noticed while looking round several phantom groups that many people either do not have the skills, software or time to edit and colour grade the footage that they shoot. As a young passionate videographer I thought I would help some of you out by editing and grading your footage together into a high quality video that is bound to impress. I am experienced with editing my own footage as well as others. If any of you are interested and would like to find out more please send me an email: [email protected]

Here is my YouTube Channel where you can see some of my past work

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexanderall

Interested, pm me with some price points and timeframe and a return email address if you don't mind, thanks.

Looks like you generated a lead Alexander! Congrats!

As for my video work, I work full time as an engineer and dad, so after a few projects I decided it was not worth my time and effort working on other peoples' stuff, since each project is about 2-3 months of me working on nights and weekends. It would be different if I were in my 20's. Plus there is the race to the bottom mentality. So now I've given up hope of making back my investment in video gear and am happily working on my first short film. Though I am strongly considering trying the crowdsourcing thing trough seedandspark.com. If that should work then I may be doing this for the long haul. If not, this short will be a one and done for me. No point in pouring a portion of one's savings into a project to entertain other people.

Last edited:
Looks like you generated a lead Alexander! Congrats!

As for my video work, I work full time as an engineer and dad, so after a few projects I decided it was not worth my time and effort working on other peoples' stuff, since each project is about 2-3 months of me working on nights and weekends. It would be different if I were in my 20's. Plus there is the race to the bottom mentality. So now I've given up hope of making back my investment in video gear and am happily working on my first short film. Though I am strongly considering trying the crowdsourcing thing trough seedandspark.com. If that should work then I may be doing this for the long haul. If not, this short will be a one and done for me. No point in pouring a portion of one's savings into a project to entertain other people. Anyway, this is my vimeo channel:

WindRider’s Videos on Vimeo

I have other stuff scattered in youtube.
Looking good! I am a student looking to go into videography and editing in the future so I am still looking to make the money spent on all my kit back one day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1