Anyone know the specs of the 2.4Ghz Wifi Antennas?

Reaction score
I'm trying a different route with my P3S transmitter to boost the 5.8 and 2.4Ghz signal.

I can not find any info on the square antennas for the built-in wi-fi extender panels inside though.
ANyone have a link to the manufacturer or exact specs?

I am planning to test the outputs on a few different types on antennas without additional boosters at a lab as I get the clearance and am looking at testing the Stubby 2.4 antennas as they are highly directional and small in size (Although that'll have to be powered/boosted).

For now I have a few different types of antennas to test vs the stock tiny dipole.

What is your idea of a stubby 2.4 antenna? Example?

Reactions: dirkclod
I've heard coil-wound antennas called stubbies as the coiling reduces the height/lenght 50-75% typically.
Like on cop radios when the speaker/mic is affixed to the front of the uniform near shoulder.

This is different that 'base loaded' designs as there is no straight section to the radiator in a stubby (typically).

Section- B- Dtetails of Transmitter

1. Frequency range :

2. No. of preset switchable channels :

3. No. of voice /Data/ TV Channels :
( In case of multi- channel equipment)

4. Tx-Rx channel separation :
( In case of Duplex/multi-channel equipment)

5. Adjacent channel separation :
( In case of multi-channel equipment)

6. Frequency stability :

7. Spurious/ Harmonic radiations :

i. Carrier suppression :
( In case of carrier suppressed systems)
ii. Unwanted side band suppression :
( In case of SSB systems)

iii. 2nd Harmonic radations :

iv. 3rd Harmonic radiations :

8. Max. Frequency Deviation :

9. Mode of emission :

10. Bandwidth of emission :

11. Test Tone deviation :

12. Base band frequency :
( In case of multi channel equipment)

13. Type of modulation to be required :

14. Pre-emphasis :

15. Power output :
( At the input of antenna)

16. Any other information :

Section-C- Details of Receivers

1. Frequency range :

2. Mode of reception :

3. Spurious response of receiver :

4. Sensitivity :

5. Frequency stability :

6. (a) Effective noise temperature :

(b) Threshold input level :

7. Intermediate frequency :

8. De-emphasis :

9. Selectivity :

10. Any other particulars :

Can somebody please answer or help me to fill this up ?

Stubbies are coil wound short but very strong antennas. If powered a small 2.5" one could be 30db+ .:)

In order to achieve gain in an antenna you must change the radiation pattern (beam shape,etc.)

Not sure what you mean by a powered stubbie.

Coil wound stubbies are unity gain at best and usually -3dBi to as much as -20dBi (negative gain) depending on frequency and mounting specifics.
So no matter what power you put into it, your ERP will be reduced.

They provide convenience in optimum radio environments, not improved performance.

Please provide a link to such information because you are very misleading by posting this noise.

Section- B- Dtetails of Transmitter

1. Frequency range :

2. No. of preset switchable channels :

3. No. of voice /Data/ TV Channels :
( In case of multi- channel equipment)

4. Tx-Rx channel separation :
( In case of Duplex/multi-channel equipment)

5. Adjacent channel separation :
( In case of multi-channel equipment)

6. Frequency stability :

7. Spurious/ Harmonic radiations :

i. Carrier suppression :
( In case of carrier suppressed systems)
ii. Unwanted side band suppression :
( In case of SSB systems)

iii. 2nd Harmonic radations :

iv. 3rd Harmonic radiations :

8. Max. Frequency Deviation :

9. Mode of emission :

10. Bandwidth of emission :

11. Test Tone deviation :

12. Base band frequency :
( In case of multi channel equipment)

13. Type of modulation to be required :

14. Pre-emphasis :

15. Power output :
( At the input of antenna)

16. Any other information :

Section-C- Details of Receivers

1. Frequency range :

2. Mode of reception :

3. Spurious response of receiver :

4. Sensitivity :

5. Frequency stability :

6. (a) Effective noise temperature :

(b) Threshold input level :

7. Intermediate frequency :

8. De-emphasis :

9. Selectivity :

10. Any other particulars :

Can somebody please answer or help me to fill this up ?

Seriously??

Your best bet is to review the FCC 'Part 15' approval test data for the P3 and the controller.

You can find this on the FCC website with some research.

Reactions: robiefield
In order to achieve gain in an antenna you must change the radiation pattern (beam shape,etc.)

Not sure what you mean by a powered stubbie.

Coil wound stubbies are unity gain at best and usually -3dBi to as much as -20dBi (negative gain) depending on frequency and mounting specifics.
So no matter what power you put into it, your ERP will be reduced.

They provide convenience in optimum radio environments, not improved performance.

Please provide a link to such information because you are very misleading by posting this noise.

Yeah, I think I was referring to a different design. Not the little 'Stubby' I just googled.
I was in research overload the other day with all the different designs and nicknames of them. I probably wrote down the wrong thing. LOL.

Either way, I'm looking for the specs of the 2.4Ghz patch antennas though.

thank you but i
Seriously??

Your best bet is to review the FCC 'Part 15' approval test data for the P3 and the controller.

You can find this on the FCC website with some research.
sir it so much hard to find this data in FCC15 if u know something of this u can help me

thank you but i

sir it so much hard to find this data in FCC15 if u know something of this u can help me

It is hard, isn't it? Don't feel bad, it's hard for everyone else, too. Chances are, unless you find someone works for FCC, most of us are going to have the same difficulties.

That's a pretty big homework assignment to give. I don't think any of us have that on hand. Can I ask what you would use it for? It would seem DJI would be the one to ask about unpublished RF design parameters for their products. I think this group is all consumers and does not include DJI factory support.

That's some pretty sophisticated technical content in that list of parameters you want. How well do you understand them? How critical are specs for test tone deviation and spurious / harmonic radiations? Would you be OK interpolating the 3rd harmonic value, if we can only find the second harmonic?

Are you searching for proprietary information so you can copy or upgrade some DJI technology? Are you publishing a compendium of UAV RF transmission parameters for profit?

What do you plan to do with the information, can I ask? If you get a patent, will your helpers be included in the registry?

It would help if you edited your list to include a short definition of each parameter, and the units of measurement you would like each answer to be expressed in. That would help contributors not waste time by producing poorly documented answers about similar parameters, or by using the wrong units of measures. (You wouldn't want to built a design that requires picofarad capacitances using microfarad capacitors, for example.)

As it is, a lot of people on this forum confuse feet and meters all the time, so specifying definitions and units of measurement for each of your parameters is in your own interests for design integrity (and your valuable time).

Are there requirements for precision? How many significant digits on frequency measurements? What are your standard deviation requirements for frequency ranges and deviation measurements?

Let us know,

Kind regards and good flying...

Last edited:
Looks like DJI is of no help. Have not gotten anything back regarding the manufacturer of the patch ants or their exact specs. Not like it's a trade secret. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20