Anyone know if this is under warranty?

Reaction score
I bought a phantom 2 vision last month on amazon and haven't had a problem with it. I always fully charge the battery before taking it off the charger. So anyway today I plug in the battery and I didnt do the press once then press and hold 2 seconds to turn it on it just automatically came on and on my iPad I was getting a "invalid battery" message. So I took it out, blew on the probe things plugged it back in and the invalid battery message was gone. So I fly it about 8 minutes and I smell something burning so I instantly landed it and took the battery out and it was very hot. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the quad, just the battery. I'm certainly not gonna try to fly it again with that battery. So should I contact DJI could I get a replacement battery or should I just heck with it and buy a new battery?

I bought a phantom 2 vision last month on amazon and haven't had a problem with it. I always fully charge the battery before taking it off the charger. So anyway today I plug in the battery and I didnt do the press once then press and hold 2 seconds to turn it on it just automatically came on and on my iPad I was getting a "invalid battery" message. So I took it out, blew on the probe things plugged it back in and the invalid battery message was gone. So I fly it about 8 minutes and I smell something burning so I instantly landed it and took the battery out and it was very hot. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the quad, just the battery. I'm certainly not gonna try to fly it again with that battery. So should I contact DJI could I get a replacement battery or should I just heck with it and buy a new battery?

Buy an new battery AND send it in... yes that should be under warranty - but you'll wait forever for them to send you a new one... so get another one while you wait... you can never have enough batteries.

Well I called DJI and halfway through explaining exactly what I typed above they hung up on me and when I try calling them back I get a "we're experiencing high call volume please call back at a later time" recording

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic