Anyone know if these are any good?

Reaction score
None as such apart from it being a bit exposed as it isn't encased in anything apart from insulation tape. I'm using aftermarket tall/wide landing gear so it isn't really protected anymore and i thought this item may be a possible upgrade?

None as such apart from it being a bit exposed as it isn't encased in anything apart from insulation tape. I'm using aftermarket tall/wide landing gear so it isn't really protected anymore and i thought this item may be a possible upgrade?
Are you talking about the GPS or the compass...? The m8n units compass is not used on the phantoms. You still need to use the one on the leg.

Sendt fra min Sony XP via Tapatalk

I have no idea what landing gear have to do with the GPS module since it's in the top of the shell. Looking at the GPS module on ebay how would propose to mount it in your craft. I did changed the ceramic antenna from a 2mm to a 4mm on the topside of the GPS module not that I needed to. So if you want to modify the antenna here a link on ebay/uk. They are held on by 1 solder connection and double-back tape easy to remove and install.

1 pc Antenna; GPS; RHCP; 50?; f:1,575GHz; 18x18x4mm; Mat: ceramics | eBay

Reactions: Drusha
I just watched a video on how much better that antenna was but didn't know how much soldering was required as the guy had airflow kit etc ,thanks for clearing that up for me Jason .Bless!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic