Anyone installed external antenna on the cam module?

Reaction score
Have anyone opened up the FC40 and soldered on a external antenna?
I am playing With repeaters now, and found one for about 8£ that worked fine, but it doesnt have external antennas so im not sure about the boost..
So i then bought a cheap repeater With 2 antennas, but this repeater is giving me grief as its unstable and i have managed to make a succesfull contact With the camera 2 times only.. ( im talking live video)

its this repeater- http://www.ebay.com/itm/221478049652?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
i have also bought a 12vdc battery for it,
but since its so unstable about letting me Connect to the cam im looking for other solutions..
Clearly its better having a repeater Close to Your phone as a repeater have Nice antennas, since the Phones wifiantenna is just "not really there"

Pardon my English im Norwegian.

I have not opened the camera yet. I did try a repeater. It definitely increases the range but it also in my case, increases the lag time slightly but i'm ok with that.

What i'm not OK with are the drop outs. I can go 300 m out and have signal but I can be flying around within 30 m and it will drop out. I understand there can be nulls in the pattern for the repeater but it is just random when it happens.

I thought that camera had potential, especially for the price but it probably always be frustrating to use.

I'll be interested to hear if your results with the antenna if you do it. Good luck on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.