Anyone having the disconnect problem ?

Reaction score
Flew my new phantom 3 standard for the first time yesterday. Loved it !!! Flew great.
Today I went to fly and I keep getting a disconnected warning where it usually says safe to fly. No video. showing up on screen. I have great satellite connection and singal strength. I can control the camera pitch from the controller.
I reinstalled the DJI APP and tried restarting phantom and controller several times with no luck.
Just wondering if there's others out there experiencing the same thing.
A fix would be nice.

This happened to me when my P3S was new. My issue got completely fixed after updating the bird and the RC separately. No problems since

This happened to me when my P3S was new. My issue got completely fixed after updating the bird and the RC separately. No problems since
Well actually I am curious how to do this separately.
Does it envolve switching around from the Phantom WiFi to regular (internet enabled) WiFi?

Please let me know, as I am sometimes experiencing similar issues...

Flew my new phantom 3 standard for the first time yesterday. Loved it !!! Flew great.
Today I went to fly and I keep getting a disconnected warning where it usually says safe to fly. No video. showing up on screen. I have great satellite connection and singal strength. I can control the camera pitch from the controller.
I reinstalled the DJI APP and tried restarting phantom and controller several times with no luck.
A fix would be nice.

Satellite connection usually has nothing to do with video signal.
You RC transmitter sends out 2 types of signals: 5GHZ for control of aircraft, camera gimbal, general directional movements etc, and 2.4GHZ for WiFi video link.
When you say you have great signal strength, do you mean both radio and WiFi signals? You can lose video feed because of interference, and still have great TX signal and control of your drone movements.
Also, are you flying directly overhead? You could be loosing signal because of that. And do you keep your controller pointed directly at your drone? They say its best to have antenna at 45* angle.

You do not mention whether you checked your WiFi is connected to the phantom

WiFi is connected. Radio signal is 100 %. I didn't even try to take off today. I have it sitting on the floor with 11 satellites signals. But I get the disconnected warning. I took the controller apart and checked all connections. They are solid.

Welcome to the club of depressed Phantom owners who cant get more than a few feet of control before cutting out and no one can seem to come up with a solution. If you hear something let me know.

So far people have suggested and I have tried:
- repairing the remote
-recalibrating the IMU
- opening up the transmitter to make sure wires arent loose
- firmware upgrades / downgrades. I reall want to figure out how to downgrade since my mine seemed to be fine until the update
- buy 3rd party products. ( I should not need to pay for a 3rd party product to get a phantom to go its stated claim of 1 km whereas I cannot get 250 feet stock)
-DJI gave me a shipping label to send it back in however I am going on vacation in two weeks and would rather have limited phantom than no phantom to catch the surfing.

IOS or Android? On my android tablet, I get this behavior if I am running DJI Go along with another app (like Litchi). I have to force stop one before running the other.

A fix would be nice.
You might check to be sure you don't have 2 devices (phones, tablets) trying to connect to the controller at the same time. I had similar issues, found out I had to turn off the wi-fi on one device. Also, the sequence you use to initiate the connection seems to be tricky at times.

I got it to work today : ) Hopefully it keeps working !

My fix : I went into settings on my Galaxy Tab 4 and went into the applications manager. I did a force stop on the Litchi app and the DJ app before connecting to the standard through Wifi.( Simply closing the app didn't stop the issue.) I did this before each battery change. After each battery was used, I shut down the Standard, then the remote , and then closed the DJ app and disconnected from Wifi. Went into settings and did the force stop. Hope this helps others having the same problem.

After doing the firmware update this morning , I have not had the no signal warning at all today. I didn't have to do the force stop on the Go app either. Hope this is it.

A fix would be nice.
I have experianced the same problem. I FIXED mine. Try this. Turn on your controler then your drone BUT DONT TURN ON THE DJI GO APP ON YOUR PHONE OR TABLET YET. Then go to your phone or tablet and select wifi. Choose phantom wifi. After wifi connection THEN open the dji app and Should Connect. Worth trying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav