Anyone have input on Stage 2 FPVLR after install?

Reaction score
I just ordered the stage 2 FPVLR, anyone have input on their experience after they installed it and did a test flight? I am pretty excited but would like to get peoples experience from it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Jeffin916 said:
I just ordered the stage 2 FPVLR, anyone have input on their experience after they installed it and did a test flight? I am pretty excited but would like to get peoples experience from it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Yea what do you want to know? Quality and performance is great. I would like to see a better support/mounting system for the 5.8 antenna and you will have to come up with your own way to mount the 1/2 sphere as they don't really tell you how or give you a way to do it.

That said, I have been 8261 feet with it and no mods on the bird. :D

rrmccabe said:
Jeffin916 said:

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Yea what do you want to know? Quality and performance is great. I would like to see a better support/mounting system for the 5.8 antenna and you will have to come up with your own way to mount the 1/2 sphere as they don't really tell you how or give you a way to do it.

That said, I have been 8261 feet with it and no mods on the bird. :D

Are you kidding me????? What kind of distance were you getting before? I get like 1300 and then it returns. OMG, I just got that much more excited.

How is the install? Easy?
Do you still use an app booster?

I just clicked and bought the stage 2 kit now.
I am super excited to try them out once I receive them!

From stock, i ran it to about 1500 feet out then returned home. Not because it lost signal, but because it was getting low on battery.

check my signature line for stage 2 distances. I have no mods on bird.

Jeffin916 said:
Are you kidding me????? What kind of distance were you getting before? I get like 1300 and then it returns. OMG, I just got that much more excited.

How is the install? Easy?
Do you still use an app booster?

I was making about 1700 before but in all honestly I learned a little along the way so I cant say its all the antenna. Some was technique. But I am sure antenna contributed to triple the gain.

Install was easy but they dont send instructions or any info where to find it.

The app Booster really does not work well for me and seems to contribute to glitches but could be my phone.

I dont run the other boosters either and would just like to stay purely antenna. The amplifiers require charging and the ones Tony sells I think are good for an hour. I don't want to **** with that but its an easy way to make distance.

The 2.5 watt booster can be purchased on Tony's FPVLR site where you got the antennas. I have mine connected to the half dome WiFi antenna.

I did the velcro on the range extender directly to half sphere. Have not done anything with the 5.8 helix yet. Your install looks good. Tony should offer that with his kits.

You have quite a bend in your helix feedline or at least sharper than mine. Wonder if it is location or length?

Well looks good. I am grounded here with weather :)

Here ya go Jeff,

I documented my stage 2 upgrade. There is a bone-stock video in the first post and then I post my first flight after the stage 2 install later in the thread.

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24144

I was in the same boat as you a couple of weeks ago. The install was easy for me. Biggest challenge was carefully carving away at the glue in the controller. It really wasn't difficult at all but you have to have patients and take it slow.

Best of luck. It made a huge difference in my range.

Can you still use the fpv booster app that's available on itunes with the fpvlr 2 stage kit?
What are the pros and cons with using the booster app and the stage 2 kit?
Thanks
Larry

Larry9901 said:
Can you still use the fpv booster app that's available on itunes with the fpvlr 2 stage kit?
Thanks
Larry

I havent noticed anything but im using a stage 4 kit. I use the app anyway since i bought it but my range at this point seems unaffected. Definitely isnt hurting it.

Larry9901 said:
Thanks
Larry

Yes you can. I own both developers versions of the app. The advantage is the WIFI / FPV side is typically shorter range than the control so it increases the WIFI so you can get more range.

However mine are pretty equal to start with and running the apps just cause me issues after losing the FPV and trying to reconnect.

This apparently is not typical as guys are running them with better success than I am. So I am just running a stage 2 kit with no help.

Larry9901 said:
Thanks for the lightning quick informative answers ! :)

You are welcome. Its quicker for me to respond when I am making stuff up as I go :)

If you did not see this video its my stage 2. No amps, no boosters, no Phantom mods. Just FVPLR stage 2 kit.

[vimeo]105483996[/vimeo]

Yes, thank you all for the quick replies. Tony told me he is 6 days behind so I am looking at about 2 weeks maybe, I cant wait!

I have the stage one kit, would like to get 5.8 helix 4 1/2 but I'm a little concern about cutting sealant around stock antenna and was wondering if it needs to be re-sealed again? Just seems like it could disconnect... Anyone

Bigdz said:
I have the stage one kit, would like to get 5.8 helix 4 1/2 but I'm a little concern about cutting sealant around stock antenna and was wondering if it needs to be re-sealed again? Just seems like it could disconnect... Anyone

As long as you take it kinda easy with a sharp razor, it's no problem. If you're a "get a bigger hammer" type of person then you might have problems. I didn't reseal mine -- the connector holds well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31