Anyone have experience with www.mydronelight.com?

Reaction score
Trying to figure out which headlight setup is best for me...anybody have experience with www.mydronelight.com? I was looking at this one in particular.

dji drone LED Light

d4c519_700fd32d111f4e098f80d0947d3034d8.jpg

I am confused about lux vs. lumens since angle and distance are involved, but seems this might be a good mix of brightness, weight, and cost ($70). I asked if these are able to be angled down and he said they are. Thoughts?

could get lume cubes if cost isn't a factor but are pricey

Last edited:
They look cool, but I wouldn't need it to be waterproof since it's on my non-waterproof Phantom! Plus the kit from mydronelight.com can add a remote control for $10, since I *really* want to be able to turn on/off...

You can use the lume cube as a flash or steady light, and have control with the on-off function through its app on your iOS or android phone devices.
Lume Cube on the App Store - itunes.apple.com

Nice that you can use these with your DSLR camera as well, even several with the awesome master/slave commands...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
RedHotPoker said:
...and have control with the on-off function through its app on your iOS or android phone devices.

Whoa......so you'd be able to control it as long as there's bluetooth connection? Dang, just researched that be around 30 ft :( But better than nothing! The mydronelight remote's range would be 100 feet, so that may be a better option, but man, that lumecube is some serious machinery!

Whoa......so you'd be able to control it as long as there's bluetooth connection? Dang, just researched that be around 30 ft :( But better than nothing! The mydronelight remote's range would be 100 feet, so that may be a better option, but man, that lumecube is some serious machinery!
Ah yeah, @flpholt likes his business to be serious. Hahaha
& Digital Technology, LED diodes, today ~ tomorrow and near future, surprisingly & creatively exquisitely delicious. ;-)
Would you need to turn them on~off at a greater distance than Bluetooth maximum will reach?

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
DANGIT, redhot, after that video you've got me wanting the stupid lumecubes!!! And made me realize that a combination of forward AND down might be the most useful.

I'm still confused about the advertised 1300 lux of the other kit vs. the 1000 lumens of this one. Seems a bit apples and oranges!! Wish there was a way to compare......

Lumen is a unit of light measurement otherwise known as luminous flux. We use lumens to compare the total amount of light output from a light emitter. ... We use lux to measure the amount of light output in a given area, where one lux is equal to one lumen per square meter

1000 lumen? Try 1500 . . .

RedHotPoker

I just got my Lume Cube kit for my Phantom yesterday. These things are bright and VERY solidly made. I'm planning on trying them out tonight.

Last edited:
So, where is the unboxing video and your pics of the prize? ;-)
Something isn't quite as bright, as that Lume cube? Hmmnn!! ;-)
Seriously though, Congrats, and way to go. Nice purchase.
Don't you love getting helpful info from them answers to a lot of random questions on these forums? Hahaha
Share your glory, light up the thread with your cube... Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Scott98
So, where is the unboxing video and your pics of the prize? ;-)
Something isn't quite as bright, as that Lume cube? Hmmnn!! ;-)
Seriously though, Congrats, and way to go. Nice purchase.
Don't you love getting helpful info from them answers to a lot of random questions on these forums? Hahaha
Share your glory, light up the thread with your cube... Ha

RedHotPoker
I should be flying my Phantom tonight :) I'll post some pictures tonight. And yes, they are bright.

What color cases are yours, gunmetal grey, or white, black?
Love to see a size comparison to something. Lay them beside something relative and share the dimensions.

RedHotPoker

They look very well designed...

RedHotPoker

What color cases are yours, gunmetal grey, or white, black?
Love to see a size comparison to something. Lay them beside something relative and share the dimensions.

RedHotPoker

I went with the gunmetal grey with the blue mounts. Here are a couple of shots I just took before another round of rain hit

Photo%20Jul%2022.jpeg

DJI_0042.jpg

DJI_0024.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: liketogethigh
Eh, yeah. Very Nice. They look awesome. Thanks.
I need to get my own order sent in so mine show up here soon.
The first image you posted, didn't show on my browser?
I thought the blue mounts looked best, too.

Thanks for the brief video, it shows them off quite well.

RedHotPoker

Eh, yeah. Very Nice. They look awesome. Thanks.
I need to get my own order sent in so mine show up here soon.
The first image you posted, didn't show on my browser?
I thought the blue mounts looked best, too.

Thanks for the brief video, it shows them off quite well.

RedHotPoker

Yeah I was having a challenge uploading from my Mac. I was technically challenged. But do get your order in. They are offering 10% off drone kits with code DROACC10.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj