anyone have experience with these?

That's a great idea. I currently have styrofoam pipe insulation on mine to lift it up a little for the GoPro with anti-yellow mounts and to give it a little cushion. I like it that way.

I really like them, suit the style of the phantom unlike other extension skids. but with them on my phantom it won't fit into my case and I don't want to be taking them off and on all the time. Ive seen a few pics of people making the stock legs fold 90° should still work for these too... just reteaching ATM how people have actually managed to make them fold.

They look good, bought this morning, they already shipped. Wonder if they have the pockets for the little black foam pads. Kinda weird that DJI allows the GoPro so close to the ground. I bought GoPro lens protector and it does fit when mounted to the gimbal :( .

Sure wish DJI would release the Grounds Station :)

I like these, but just as with my P2V props - one more thing to prevent the Phantom from fitting properly in my GoProfessional hard case :-/

I don't think there's any modifying the case to make these work. Sucks.

adam12hicks said:
I like these, but just as with my P2V props - one more thing to prevent the Phantom from fitting properly in my GoProfessional hard case :-/

I don't think there's any modifying the case to make these work. Sucks.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. When I work out the details on folding the legs for transport and having them lock into place for flight, or some kind of quick release system I will post it up. These will fit if I can get them to fold or quick release if I have to head down that road.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 666
Am I the only one who thinks these are overpriced and that they are gouging on the postage?

Nice design, though. I use my Phantom for travel so they are not going to work for me. I like the idea of fold up gear - that might be very cool. Until then, pipe insulation will have to work.

Well... I was thinking about using Lego blocks and putting them on the bottom with either zip ties or some sort of clamp. This looks a lot like Lego blocks. $30? Kinda steep for four plastic blocks.

ladykate said:
Well... I was thinking about using Lego blocks and putting them on the bottom with either zip ties or some sort of clamp. This looks a lot like Lego blocks. $30? Kinda steep for four plastic blocks.
I was thinking the same thing, but they are quick on/off, but hey, my Grand kids have left a million Lego blocks around here.

F6Rider said:
ladykate said:
I was thinking the same thing, but they are quick on/off, but hey, my Grand kids have left a million Lego blocks around here.

More than likely, you only need one block - my clearance would be just fine with 3/8" more. A little Dremel fu and you could tie them on securely.

Just got mine. They look like "original equipment" I also believe they weigh a little less than stock gear. I also hate the case issue. I have a nice case that has been sitting. Obviously any mod even prop guards do away with the case. Also the seller ships very fast had mine 2 days before expected delivery.

Lego is a bit heavy, but I'm sure foam would work. I'm thinking about installing something my self! I'll wait and see what kind of feedback arises from all the different extensions that are availible first!

F6Rider said:
I am looking at these extenders, they are snap on and off so you can still get the bird in the case. I will call in the morning as their 'Buy' link just goes to the phantom ebay page. Looks like you can get different colors as they are 3D Printed.
http://3dprintler.com/product/dji-phantom-height-extenders/

I bought a pair. Had some shipping delay issues from the seller. But in the end I got them and they work as advertised. Very light.

Just ordered a set on the ebay us link. I have not attached my Zen gimbal to my Phantom yet, probably next weekend. Says I'll have it by the 14th.

Let me know how those extenders work. They seem a bit pricey, but I'd like to have an inch or two more clearance.

These will not work for me as I need to use the case. I drive up into the mountains 30 miles from my home and then hike back into the lakes to fly. Awesome country but takes a bit of doing to get there. I have a back pack that my case straps to to make it easy to transport the quad and all accessories.

CAN BUS adapter won't fit, cable length makes it only go to fat part of upper leg. More importantly the compass cable is too short and seems to not be perpendicular. Even after three calibrations my P2 wandered more than I ever saw. Should come with white tape too. No pockets for foam feet. Wonder if they were modeled after P1 legs. Kinda a good idea but not the best for a P2. Guess I will make sure camera is not facing down on landings. Hate to say DJI Phantoms are near perfect out of the box, but they really are quite nice.

I mostly capture my P2 by hand...its seems a lot easier/faster and land only if absolutely necessary. It's not like im gonna land and keep it there anyway, I usually take it somewhere else other than the spot I started!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers