Anyone have a Hong Kong bought dji 4 and are from Australia?

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone on here has a dji 4 they bought online that came from Hong Kong? Just wondering if they had any troubles here in Aus with them or if they are all the same? Cheers

Hi just wondering if anyone on here has a dji 4 they bought online that came from Hong Kong? Just wondering if they had any troubles here in Aus with them or if they are all the same? Cheers
The should be all the same.
The worst might be the plug on the charger.

That's what I figured I keep seeing ones for sale that say Australian version but arnt they all made in Hong Kong in the dji factory? So really they are all the same?

I have seen them as as well .Do they all offer the same warranty though ?
When I bought my fist P3A, I was specifically warned to stay clear of grey imports because they would not be covered by the Australian DJI warranty, only whatever warranty was offered by the actual seller. Of course, the third party seller's warranty may actually be better than DJI but that wasn't a risk I was prepared to take.

Yeah I have warranty with my one it's bought from an Australian company I just know that they get them from Hong Kong! And seeing Australian versions makes me think they might have had different firmware or something

Not Hong Kong, but the Philippines where I picked one up when I was working there. A genuine dji unit with a warranty that was valid in that country. Speaking to the local dji agent over here suggested that with a receipt, I should be ok submitting a warranty claim if ever I needed to. Firmware etc was exactly the same as the Australian sold model and absolutely no issues with it. Just needed a $10 adapter to use the charger.

I bought my Advanced from DWI for $900 .They have an in house warranty for 12 months .I asked about this and was told it cover manufacturers faults ? I asked about a fly away and was told the same thing . So it's a bit vague. I think if you had anything obvious it would be covered like a cracked shell or camera problem but anything less obvious might be a problem.
They are selling P3Ps $1049 at the moment

I bought my Advanced from DWI for $900 .They have an in house warranty for 12 months .I asked about this and was told it cover manufacturers faults ? I asked about a fly away and was told the same thing . So it's a bit vague. I think if you had anything obvious it would be covered like a cracked shell or camera problem but anything less obvious might be a problem.
They are selling P3Ps $1049 at the moment
DWI gives 12 months on batteries also. Having a physical presence in Sydney adds more comfort to the dealings as well. The way I see it the discount is enough to cover some out of pocket expenses if need be (not an issue I have faced yet fortunately).

I haven't had to yet either .My P3A has been great .I couldn't say the same for my Standard though .

When I purchased my P4 through **** Smith (Kogan) it was delivered with 2 chargers, a black one and a white one, both with separate matching power cords. The white one had the correct connections for the battery and remote controller but was supplied with a straight pin AC power plug. However the black charger (although it is stamped "dji" and has the same total output power) has the correct AC power lead and plug for the remote control but only a double male spade connector for battery charging so as delivered neither charger would work. The simple fix was to put the white charger with the black power lead but I am still curious as to why 2 chargers were supplied in the first place.

Got mine from eBay it came from a HongKong warehouse
Apparently it's a British version but who cares it works perfectly for the last 8 months no problems so far was$1860 aud with 3 batteries [emoji3]

Got mine from eBay it came from a HongKong warehouse
Apparently it's a British version but who cares it works perfectly for the last 8 months no problems so far was$1860 aud with 3 batteries [emoji3]
Bargain! Mine was $1700 with one spare battery in Manila. You win.

Just received my dji 4 and it's the exact same as my cousins "Australian model" very happy! $1349 with 1 spare battery through BuyMobile.com.au

Reactions: DocDiggler
Just don,t forget about warranty..Cheaper is not always better .Things can go wrong.
I always steer clear of the super cheap airlines in the hope that the extra I'm paying might help towards maintenance.... or better pilot training... My wife says I'm dreamin .But I'm happy to tighten the seat belt sit back and wallow in my allusions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31