Anyone gone fishing with a phantom

Lots of folks have dropped them in the water but they don't make very good bait. :)

Not sure I understand your question

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well you don't drop it per se. The lure and line are attached by a seperate line to the bird. You lower the bait in and wait. The line the lure and fishing string are attached to is easily breakable so if a fish grabs the bait and takes off it simply breaks free.

If you watch the video you can see

Saw a guy fit a small plastic arm onto his and attached a servo. One he was out far enough he flicked a switch and the arm dropped the bait/ weight down

Yea but then it must be reeled in wether or not you have a fish on. The way they do it in the video you can pick the bait up and relocate it if needed. It only breaks free if a fish takes it

Surprised the drone doesn't spook the fish. I guess if you're far enough away...o_O

We've actually done testing of the idea before at a local park with just a servo to release the line.

If the Phantom can handle the windy conditions and you can land back on the boat safely, I don't see why using it as a bait dropper wouldn't work.

Holy cow....I just realized something - when I am talking about drone fishing I mean dropping your bait out at sea.....

It just struck me from some of the comments, do people actually try 'fishing with the drone' ?? really! please tell me I am wrong?? how could a drone pull a fish from the sea? is there any vids of this? I ain't going to try it lol!!!

Good stuff!

Click on the link on top of this page. There are two videos. The first one shows a man actually fishing with a drone

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20