Anyone fitted a Zenmuse H3-2D and Futaba T8J inside a Phanto

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to fit in the RX unit of the Futaba T8J inside the Phantom along with the boxes for the Zenmuse H3-2D? I've got the H3-2D installed and now am looking to upgrade to the Futaba T8J but it's looking tight inside the Phantom and don't want to invest if there's no room to get the RX unit in.

Cheers

Re: Anyone fitted a Zenmuse H3-2D and Futaba T8J inside a Ph

It'll all fit, but it's very tight. I have exactly the same equipment you mentioned You need to make sure the ribbon cables don't cover a screw hole when reassembling the shells.

Best regards,

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MKheng said:
Has anyone managed to fit in the RX unit of the Futaba T8J inside the Phantom along with the boxes for the Zenmuse H3-2D? I've got the H3-2D installed and now am looking to upgrade to the Futaba T8J but it's looking tight inside the Phantom and don't want to invest if there's no room to get the RX unit in.

Cheers

YUP - That's exactly what I fly. As tmcgowan says it IS a tight fit and you will curse everytime you fit the lid on but it WILL fit and I have never had an issue with set up, flights etc.
The great thing about having the T8J (or any decent aftermarket TX for that matter) is you can set the dual rates/expo for yaw on a switch. I have mine set at circa 12% travel. That way if you are doing static yaws (which always seem too fast no matter how gentle you are on the sticks) you can flip a switch, give it full yaw either way and get a slow pan of the shot.

Here is a picture of the setup I use now. It will change when the upgrade board gets here.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,123

Cheers all Futaba ordered

The Editor said:
MKheng said:

Cheers

YUP - That's exactly what I fly. As tmcgowan says it IS a tight fit and you will curse everytime you fit the lid on but it WILL fit and I have never had an issue with set up, flights etc.
The great thing about having the T8J (or any decent aftermarket TX for that matter) is you can set the dual rates/expo for yaw on a switch. I have mine set at circa 12% travel. That way if you are doing static yaws (which always seem too fast no matter how gentle you are on the sticks) you can flip a switch, give it full yaw either way and get a slow pan of the shot.

12%? Which setting do I need to adjust?

I'm sure there's more than one way to do it, but I just used the NAZA Assistant software to configure the travel limits of the dial control within the gimbal control options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

12%? Which setting do I need to adjust?

"The editor" was speaking of setting up a programmable switch on the radio tx, to alter the rate of the left stick, while doing
"Yaw" movement, while hovering. ( The craft will rotate slowly, because the stick has been programmed to have much less
sensitivity.) In his case 12 percent.

This way you can get nice slow panning shots.

MKheng said:

Cheers

how bout all this and the mini iOSD? :)

MKheng said:

Cheers

how bout all this and the mini iOSD? [FLUSHED FACE] I'm trying...

Hi
why don't you spend around 60 € or ??$ and change to the P330CB-H3-2D upgrade kit - the new board which includes all you need for the gimbal and future Video downlink for FPV. After that your phantom is carrying only the Futaba transmitter. Its close to empty and you got rid of some weight on top.

http://www.dji.com/dji-has-released-the ... grade-kit/

cu rainer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj