Anyone figure out how to balance P4 blades?

Reactions: RadioMike
You should be able to use the normal Du-Bro balancer & a rod like the P2 and P3. ;)

See here - Balancing the P4 props

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458250038.549283.jpg

Perfect balance is always best.BUT...IMO The amount of unbalance is negligible mg and even micro g. When you sand down the props you change the structural integrity of the blades, this thinner blade will flex more than the opposing blade. As you fly forward the leading edge of the blade generates more lift and thus will flex the blade even more. This flexing will reduce the radius of that blade and generate even more unbalance. IMO I think changing the thickness and surface makes matters worse. When you balance remember you are static balancing (at rest) it's a different ball game when their dynamic (moving). I think static balancing is a non issue. IMO

I have sanded props for years without issue. Were not sanding mass quantities off, just a tiny, tiny scrub is usually all thats needed.
If you have to sand a prop so far the integrity is compromised then your doing it wrong. :D

Agreed. Sometimes I've sanded my P2V+ props and sometimes I've added a small dot of fingernail polish.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl