Anyone else have the Phantom's landing gear on your footage?

Reaction score
Anyone else getting pretty fed up with the phantom 2 landing gear being on your footage?
Anyone know a solution?

5mWra6a.jpg

Re: Anyone else have the Phantom's landing gear on your foot

I am recording in 1080p-60 Protune and the Medium setting on my Hero 3+ black and have yet to get any landing gear in my videos. I am using a Phantom 2 v2.0 and H3-3D gimbal.

Mave said:
Anyone else getting pretty fed up with the phantom 2 landing gear being on your footage?
Anyone know a solution?

5mWra6a.jpg
Change your recording settings (as mentioned above), turn slower, and/or use wider landing gear.

I got a lot of landing gear in my videos during my first week or so of flying. Since then I've improved my flying skills and haven't had any problems with it since.

newdayoutdoors said:
I am recording in 1080p-60 Protune and the Medium setting on my Hero 3+ black and have yet to get any landing gear in my videos. I am using a Phantom 2 v2.0 and H3-3D gimbal.
I am recording on Wide, maybe I should set it to medium and try again.. Thanks.

dptcalvin said:
Change your recording settings (as mentioned above), turn slower, and/or use wider landing gear.

I got a lot of landing gear in my videos during my first week or so of flying. Since then I've improved my flying skills and haven't had any problems with it since.

Will change the recording setting to medium. I was turning rather slowly, there was a lot of wind however.
I'm not gonna change my landing gear because I don't trust non-official parts :p

dptcalvin said:
http://smile.amazon.com/Hobbypower-Landing-Phantom-Vision-Quadcopter/dp/B00IGRYODS/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1422214631&sr=1-1&keywords=phantom+landing&pebp=1422214633331&peasin=B00IGRYODS

Be cautions with after market landing gear, though.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm a bit scared to go with after market stuff indeed.

If worse comes to worse, just zoom the footage later in editing

I only get it a bit when it's extremely windy and the bird is really compensating to hold its position.

Mave said:
Anyone know a solution?

5mWra6a.jpg

Yeah Mave - I agree with people who say to go to Medium rather than wide - otherwise you'll need to do something aftermarket (which is up to you of course = plenty of people do it).

I tend to shoot in 720 M and rarely see the skids.

I stick to the default landing gear to make it easy to store in a case, and because I have the leg-integrated compass.

So my solution was to use a little glue and part of a spare leg to move the obstruction.

Attachments

• FPV1.jpg
    FPV1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 542

Hughie said:
I stick to the default landing gear to make it easy to store in a case, and because I have the leg-integrated compass.

So my solution was to use a little glue and part of a spare leg to move the obstruction.

that's a cool mod... does it make the Phantom a little more prone to tipping forward?

Buckaye said:
Hughie said:

that's a cool mod... does it make the Phantom a little more prone to tipping forward?

There is no way a narrower leg can be more stable than a longer one, but I dont notice any problems.
You have to get it to about 45 degrees forward before it tips. Otherwise it just levels up.

It works fine for me. I had the other spare leg from the set I cut up ready to replace it if it did not work out, but I have not needed to do so.

Hughie said:

Ha ha thats the smartest thing I have seen so far! I usually hand catch so it wouldn't matter if the one side was shorter. Thanks for posting up.

Shoot in 1440 and crop to 1080. Also flying backwards keeps the gear out of the shot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4