Anyone cut out their P2 to fit the new H3-3D Gimbal?

Reaction score
I am told that the new H3-3D Gimbals arriving first do not include the adapter plate for the 1st Gen. P2's
Please post if you have cut the hole in the bottom of your P2 to fit a H3-3D.

Supposedly that's all you need to do. You go First!!

Xrover said:
I am told that the new H3-3D Gimbals arriving first do not include the adapter plate for the 1st Gen. P2's

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I know if I have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 P2?

The Gen 2 is the One that just came out 2 weeks ago and has a circular cutout where the Gimbal would mount. The cutout is where the new 3rd axis motor on the H3-3D Gimbal would sit.

Xrover said:
The Gen 2 is the One that just came out 2 weeks ago and has a circular cutout where the Gimbal would mount. The cutout is where the new 3rd axis motor on the H3-3D Gimbal would sit.
Ah. So by replacing my P2 that decided to fly away, I would actually be upgrading.

DattaGroover said:
Xrover said:
Ah. So by replacing my P2 that decided to fly away, I would actually be upgrading.

Everything about it is the same, with the exception of a larger vent hole on the bottom. No increased functionality or anything.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Xrover said:

Isn't that what hammers are for? I won't be getting an H3-3D just yet as I am waiting for all the dust to settle and I want to have a P2 that can fly straight first. But if and when that happens, 5 minutes with a Dremel will sort it right out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31