Anyone Crazy enough to make a one-way flight?

Reaction score
I have just reached 200 or so flights on my P3P. Noticed I have some cracks on the shell. They aren't earth shattering but enough to cause me some concern so I decided to send it in. Thus far DJI has been very responsive. I received an RMA on the first business day. That brings us to this (yeah I'm bored because I can't fly).

Has anyone been crazy enough to plot a one-way Autonomous flight? E.g. Start at one point and end at another with an auto land...? No fair if you plot the flight and go wait for it and land yourself. I'm curious.. Has anyone done it... Ok I'll rephrase. Has anyone done that who cares to share?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Well that isn't what I was looking for nice try though.

Reactions: Numone
I'd like to know if someone tried...someone has had to be like F it..im sending this ***** out..one way ticket.....

What if one were to have a friend follow it but pilot stay at home point...would that count?

Yep unassisted planned landing. I know someone has done it.

Reactions: AMC724
Yep, I flew 9.3KM(30,009ft) across a frozen lake the controller displayed disconnected and was gone, It took 45 mins to find it and it was still recording.In the video after it disconnects you can see it stop and auto land.

That's kind of what I was looking for. Did you intend for it to land?

Yep, I flew 9.3KM(30,009ft) across a frozen lake the controller displayed disconnected and was gone, It took 45 mins to find it and it was still recording.In the video after it disconnects you can see it stop and auto land.
Cmon man share the Video?

There is no way some Maverick hasn't tried this...with litchi or something similar.

Reactions: AMC724
Just like renting a canoe.

Someone drops you from point A, and then you end up at point B.

But its good idea to have someone waiting to get your drone, at point B

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No I was planning on turning around, but at some point I thought what the hell let's see how far it will go with signal. The signal didn't get weak or show weakness on the screen it was all good then nothing. There is pretty much no interference out there a few summer cabins and that's it

I've flown 40,000' with waypoints on my old P3S and Litchi, auto landing in my friend's back yard. Accidentally deleted the vid tho.

e8aeabc8b3b359c03e4b5812d703b778.jpg

Litchi is nowadays the most appropriate app to flight autonomously, because it lets the quadcopter finish the mission even when rc connection gets lost.
Ugcs looks even more professional, but it still doesn't support iOS, at least till the end of 2016 as reported from the developers.

Has anyone already tried to modify the hardware of the quadcopter by adding (soldering to the power source) a module for Auto Antenna Tracking, like the myfly dream AAT?

MYFLYDREAM AAT Automatic Antenna Tracker V5.0 For Long Range FPV 12 channels:FPV Equipment,Long Range System - FPV Model: RC Plane, Multicopter, Quadcopter, FPV Goggles, FPV System and all things FPV.

I've flown 40,000' with waypoints on my old P3S and Litchi, auto landing in my friend's back yard. Accidentally deleted the vid tho.
And the quad did a few victory rolls just before landing?:rolleyes:

Litchi is nowadays the most appropriate app to flight autonomously, because it lets the quadcopter finish the mission even when rc connection gets lost.
Ugcs looks even more professional, but it still doesn't support iOS, at least till the end of 2016 as reported from the developers.

Really, I am still new to Litchi and havent started messing around with waypoints yet. The stock bird will do what I need it to do by going a mile and still transmitting but it is good to know what Litchi is capable of. What if you set a ridiculous waypoint 10 miles away and low battery activates? Does it still continue with its mission and then autoland or does it turn around and beeline home just before the point of no return? I wish there was more literature on Litchi. It seems the only way to learn about it is through unofficial means like forums.

Really, I am still new to Litchi and havent started messing around with waypoints yet. The stock bird will do what I need it to do by going a mile and still transmitting but it is good to know what Litchi is capable of. What if you set a ridiculous waypoint 10 miles away and low battery activates? Does it still continue with its mission and then autoland or does it turn around and beeline home just before the point of no return? I wish there was more literature on Litchi. It seems the only way to learn about it is through unofficial means like forums.
Here you go: Help - Litchi.

And waypoints: Help - Litchi

Really worth studying!

I can't answer it, but it is a good question to the developers of the software. I'll let you know..

Oh man that is exactly what I wanted to see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers