Here's my setup...

On the aircraft...
Phantom 2, iOSD mini
GoPro H3+ Black
Immersion RC 600mw TX w/ Spironet antenna

On the ground end...
Black Pearl 7" with a Spironet and a Fatshark Patch antenna
Fatshark Predator V2 goggles with a Spironet

I like to use both, depending on my use case. Sometimes I'll fly with the monitor, and let a friend wear the goggles (because it's cool). Sometimes I'll use the goggles myself and share the monitor. Sometimes I'll just use one or the other.

Here's my question... with the Predator V2 kit, I got a VTX and a camera. Has anyone ever installed both VTXs and cameras on an aircraft and switched between the two? One would provide the FPV experience without gimbal stabilization, and the other would provide the stabilized feed. Seems pretty useful to me.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Jared

no need for 2 transmitters, just a video switch & 2 camera's. If you want to get real slick, tee the camera video out before the iosd and connect that to the 3rd input on the video switch. You can then select between Cam1 w/o OSD, Cam1 w/OSD, & Cam2 by flipping a 3 position switch.

You'd want something like this.
http://www.getfpv.com/3-ch-rc-video-swi ... MgodUyQAhA

I have that switch cmturn0 linked. It works great, I have it set up to send a signal from my go pro and Fat shark 600 tvl

backcountrymedic said:
I'd love to see a picture of that setup! Any chance you can share?

Here you go.

8197490_orig.jpg

1928964_orig.jpg

1622012_orig.jpg

Yeah, so I'm a Phantom 2 guy, running with the stock transmitter. I think to take advantage of the switch, I'd prob'ly need to swap over to a Futaba, eh?

Mine is a Hitec Aurora 9. I know nothing about the Futabas. Other switches and channels are used for IOC, Failsafe, turning on the strobe lights, switching cameras, dropping tomatoes etc, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj