Anyone checking or reporting hairline cracks on the P4 yet?

I was one of the first to find cracks on the P3. Made this video:

I've been flying my P4 and checking the whole thing over after every flight. Nothing yet to report.

I was one of the first to find cracks on the P3. Made this video:

I've been flying my P4 and checking the whole thing over after every flight. Nothing yet to report.
Where are you checking the cracks and how do you do that?

Can some one show me how the motors are mounted?

Thanks.

I see little improvement in the mounting design but doesn't look to be a perfect design. Not sure why DJI stuck to the old concept of stud mounts. Good thing in the design is that screws are mounted through a cover plate that acts like a strong arm plate. As a first step, we can think of changing the LED cover plate to a metal plate. Let's wait for the site feedback first.

How about expecting it's resolved with a completely new design?

Reactions: kirk2579
How about expecting it's resolved with a completely new design?
Mounting concept is not totally new though there is some kind of strong plate. Hope for the best.

Last edited:
I like to think dji have sorted the issue out with stress cracks on phantom 4, most phantom 4 owners up to now say it's feels a lot better build and more solid.
One of the most talking points on this forum were about stress cracks on the phantom 3 series, only time will tell.

I like to think dji have sorted the issue out with stress cracks on phantom 4, most phantom 4 owners up to now say it's feels a lot better build and more solid.
One of the most talking points on this forum were about stress cracks on the phantom 3 series, only time will tell.

The P1, P2, and P3 all cracked. Hopefully the P4 doesn't.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to hobbies. I'm just looking over the whole airframe after every flight to see if I see any issues.
Stress cracks if any will be visible only after removing the lights. New design will hide the cracks first as mounting screws are hidden.

Reactions: 250Flyer and Kman
My p4 is cracking - meaning its is good
It`s a uk term ( went out and had a cracking night)
Troll? nar not me, its a sarcastic remark if anything ment in jest as it is the next thing im expecting
to see.

Last edited:
If p4 is cracking your the first?(pictures)[emoji24]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I guess someone is trolling, maybe..

If this guy is telling the truth he should be posting pics and letting everyone know ASAP.. This is breaking news to many phantom owners.

If true please post pictures.. And if you haven't already, you should be contacting your dealer!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20