Anyone bought a Backpack Cases via Ebay HOBBYTIGER

You can read some reviews about it here.

Last edited:
I wonder how hard it is to DIY a backpack with pluckable foam. I already have a hard case for storage...but know I will want the backpack version for commando shooting.

I opted for an Amazon Basics DSLR bag, as I needed something small and inconspicuous to carry on to flights. Appears it does the job nicely @ $34.99

Reactions: 24pfilms
Looks great. Do you have any photos would like to see the layout with the P3 inside. Thankx
71plopAZhqL._SL256_.jpg
71cPUXLC6pL._SL256_.jpg
71CqZ74LSaL._SL256_.jpg

Not a pic of my bag but some other Amazon reviewers left pics of theirs. Sure its not going to give the same protection as a foam cut out one or a hard case but for carry on - who cares. Just need to ensure nobody tries to stuff their luggage on top, but to be honest I would keep an eye on my luggage anyway until the overhead bin is closed up.

Thanks a lot. All looks good. I will purchase it tonight.

71plopAZhqL._SL256_.jpg
71cPUXLC6pL._SL256_.jpg
71CqZ74LSaL._SL256_.jpg

Not a pic of my bag but some other Amazon reviewers left pics of theirs. Sure its not going to give the same protection as a foam cut out one or a hard case but for carry on - who cares. Just need to ensure nobody tries to stuff their luggage on top, but to be honest I would keep an eye on my luggage anyway until the overhead bin is closed up.

I bought the $100 knockoff from banggood.com. Very happy with it. Looks like it is $90 now

I just bought
Carbon Fibre Hard Shoulder Carry Case Box Backpack For DJI Phantom 3 Pro&Advance
I can let you know how it goes

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Have the same one. Not perfect but well worth it. And its not a shell made up of carbon fiber, its a shell with the _look_ of cf. Here's a great testamonial of the DJI hardshell. I have no proof this ebay backpack is identical to the DJI hardshell, but my guess is that they in fact are made at the same factory, and that the ones that won't pass the inspections end up on ebay. Take my bag for example. The carrying handle is not perfect, one end of the strap is in an awkward angle and not fitted for optimal distribution of load onto the case. This however is not a problem as my gear (P3+two batt+TX) aren't that heavy compared to other bags (you should see my camera bag!).
I've hade to make minor adjustments cutting out some foam for my Gimbal protector to fit. Only disadvantage of this case is that it won't hold a fullsize iPad.

Edit: For me a backpack is essential, as the best locations where I live are off grid and ususally have no great parking for a car.

Last edited:
I think youbpasted the wrong link. All i can see is a review on the quad

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Just an update on the Amazon Basics Orange DSLR bag that I have owned for a couple of weeks now. I can confirm it is an excellent and inexpensive option for carrying the P3. Its not the highest quality but at $34.99 its actually PFG. It is just about a perfect fit for the P3, in fact its just a little bit tight for the first few uses but the material must stretch ever so slightly because it is now perfect. Good protection for the money - OK its never going to be a replacement for a hard case or foam cut-out bag, but if you wan't something discrete in the smallest possible package then this is a great option.

I carried my P3A back from the U.S onto the plane with me, it fits easily in the overhead bins and is thick enough that nobody should be able to put anything on top of it, which was my main concern. I had to bring my laptop back with me as well and even this fits in the bag too, in the rear compartment.

I have carried it out walking etc. with the Phantom and its great, I can fit, the Phantom, batteries, charger, props, spares, RC and tablet or phone.

Hope this helps some folk.

I got mine 2 days ago. Everything fits in it ok.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj