Anyone applied?

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here applied for the SDK?

Is it even allowed to the ones who do to discuss about the SDK in public?
This place could become pretty barren if not :-/

I applied yesterday, got permission today and have downloaded the two SDKs (IOS and Android). They are both about 40MB in size. The IOS SDK is designed for use with Xcode and the Android with Eclipse.

zenoshrdlu said:
I applied yesterday, got permission today and have downloaded the two SDKs (IOS and Android). They are both about 40MB in size. The IOS SDK is designed for use with Xcode and the Android with Eclipse.

That is cool. So it goes rather quickly! Good job DJI on that!

Did you have any trouble writing the proposal? Did you go into much detail or? Are you a single(indie) developer?
Did you get any response from them? Like a comment to your proposal?
Did you apply for Level 1 or Level 2 ? Any chance of knowing the Level 2 price?
Would you share what app are you working on?

I hope I didn't kill you with all these questions ;)

Nathan

I made up a very simple app proposal (basically recording the telemetry info and trying to follow an object by analysing the FPV image. I don't think they looked at it though - I got back an email in chinese with a link that let me download the sdk's (there's one for IOS and one for Android). Though I've been writing java apps for nearly 20 years (since 1995) I've never written an Android app so I only asked for Level 1 access. Probably won't get very far with the SDK as (a) I'm very busy with building a new rig for kite aerial photography and a tiltable mount for an S100 to use with my PV and (b) I'm 73!

The SDK's are quite big some 40MB of stuff in each with a sample app as well as html docs etc.

zenoshrdlu said:
Nathan

I made up a very simple app proposal (basically recording the telemetry info and trying to follow an object by analysing the FPV image. I don't think they looked at it though - I got back an email in chinese with a link that let me download the sdk's (there's one for IOS and one for Android). Though I've been writing java apps for nearly 20 years (since 1995) I've never written an Android app so I only asked for Level 1 access. Probably won't get very far with the SDK as (a) I'm very busy with building a new rig for kite aerial photography and a tiltable mount for an S100 to use with my PV and (b) I'm 73!

The SDK's are quite big some 40MB of stuff in each with a sample app as well as html docs etc.

It seems like an interesting idea for the app! Don't let that (b) reason stop you! I wish you good luck and hopefully we would be downloading your app soon! :geek:
Your (a) is also interesting, what kites do you use?

zenoshrdlu said:
Nathan - take a look here for photos of my KAP gear (as well as lots of photos taken that way, and using 10 metre poles and my Phantom of course).

Checked it, really cool stuff. I noticed those are single line kites(if I'm not wrong) I always wondered how stable, or rather autonomous are they. If I have a stable afternoon wind can I reel one out and just fix it on the ground. Will it stay?

Almost all of us Kite Aerial Photographers use single-line kites - hard to control two lines if you also have an R/C transmitter in your hand! Stability is the key - there are 5 type of kites typically used for KAP - traditional ones like flowforms, deltas and rokkakus and a couple of types specifically designed for KAP - FLEDs and DOPERO's.

For lots more info (and I mean LOTS) check out the KAP Forum

You do know "the they's" are watching, don't you? :lol:

@nintendrone64, haha thanks :ugeek:

@thedjiguy: can you share few details on what type of app you are working on? Maybe some hints about the features

No I understand that. I meant only a general description. Like is it a general purpose app for flying or some app that does some very specific thing or things. Will it be only for hands on flying or also include autonomous flight(like ground station).... iOS, Android? Any approximate idea when it would be available? Free, paid?
That kinda stuff...

Of course don't reveal anything that can be copied, that I would advise even myself.

Looking forward to your app :cool:

So this is a code developing app. Does anyone know if the app will be available for download after approval from DJI? Can we get a follow me function?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1