Anyone Anywhere know Anything

Reaction score
Posted this question in another link but had no reply so thought id try a more popular board

Ive bought a few of these (see link below) :D but when i got them i noticed the little red info sheet inside says "batteries bearing model number PH2-5200mAh-11.v include new upgraded cells. Please upgrade the phantom central board firmware to version 1.0.2.7 or above through phantom assistant before using the battery for the first time."

Now I'm not a fan of updating firmware and don't even think i have any installed anything phantom related on my pc, it came it worked, i haven't touched it since :D
Has anyone tried these? will i HAVE to update/insatall software & firmware and is there anywhere that sells original p2v1 batteries

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-DJI-P ... 1844845376

The link is incomplete so it does not work. I assume you bought new batteries and it wants you to be upgraded to use them. Unless someone can tell you they work without updating than you ay as well upgrade as you will inevitably go through more batteries which will also require it.

This is the challenge with not staying current. I would not run the battery without upgrading the bird to the latest and greatest firmware.

I have the same battery and have not updated anything - the bird or the battery. All is fine. *knock on wood*

Double 6, I get to roll again :lol:

Just don't crap out. ;)

Oh shoot you had to open your mouth, anyone lend me a pound. ?

FrustratedFrank said:
Ive bought a few of these (see link below) :D but when i got them i noticed the little red info sheet inside says "batteries bearing model number PH2-5200mAh-11.v include new upgraded cells. Please upgrade the phantom central board firmware to version 1.0.2.7 or above through phantom assistant before using the battery for the first time."

Now I'm not a fan of updating firmware and don't even think i have any installed anything phantom related on my pc, it came it worked, i haven't touched it since :D
Has anyone tried these? will i HAVE to update/insatall software & firmware

Yes you can run DJI batteries without updating firmware.
And if your Phantom is a recent one, it quite likely has central board firmware to version 1.0.2.7 or above anyway.
DJI put that label on the batteries because they don't know whether the buyer has a new or old Phantom.

But just because you are
not a fan of updating firmware
doesn't mean that it's a good idea to avoid updates.
Owners of older Phantoms wouldn't have access to improved battery management that can save dollars on dead batteries and prevent battery related losses of Phantoms without updating their firmware.
If you don't connect your Phantom to the Assistant software you are very limited in what you can tell about its performance when you have issues that need to be fixed.

but with sooooooooooooooo many stories of "i updated my phantom now it won't work" or even DJI themselves forcing us to update the latest version because Obama says so and then pulling it.....doesnt leave you with ANY confidence to start piddling around with them. iF anyone/someone could just confirm.....i can't be the only person who has a p2 v1 and bought these batteries from eBay

FrustratedFrank said:
iF anyone/someone could just confirm.....i can't be the only person who has a p2 v1 and bought these batteries from eBay
Read my post again.
ps .. for every tale of woe about updating there are a thousand happy fliers who have updated without worry.
You're getting things very much out of proportion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1