Anyone able to get Heli-x 5.0 to work on mac?

Reaction score
I had an old version of Heli-x, but deleted it when I couldn't get a controller that was suitable.

Now I have the new TX with the trainer port and am patiently awaiting a cable to arrive in the post. However, when I try to download the demo version of Heli-X, it won't open as it wants me to install Java (which I have done already).

Any suggestions?

Ya. I am running OS X 10.10.1 on a MacBook Pro and finally got it a running. What I did is download this; "JavaFor OSX2014-001.dmg". But first goto Heli-X's website and get on their forum there is a pretty good thread on Heli-X for Mac OS X Yosemite. I tried a lot of their tricks that didn't work before I tried this one (JavaFor OSX2014-001.dmg). BTW I use Heli-X 4.

Mac_Guy said:
Never heard of Heli-x, but curious based on your question. On their forum there is an article related to your question on getting it to run on a Mac and Java.

http://forum.heli-x.info/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1392

This may be helpful. Good luck.

Tried all that before posting on here - still not working. :evil:

dcoski said:
Ya. I am running OS X 10.10.1 on a MacBook Pro and finally got it a running. What I did is download this; "JavaFor OSX2014-001.dmg". But first goto Heli-X's website and get on their forum there is a pretty good thread on Heli-X for Mac OS X Yosemite. I tried a lot of their tricks that didn't work before I tried this one (JavaFor OSX2014-001.dmg). BTW I use Heli-X 4.

That worked. I searched google for JavaFor SX2014-001.dmg and downloaded it again. When it installed, Heli-X fired up straight away. Pity the link on the software doesn't work. I'll post now on Heli-X forum as well.

Thanks!

You bet. For me it is a good Sim for keeping me in tune over the long winter months. So far I have crashed 4,900 times without to much out of pocket expense. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.