Anybody used DJI's carbon fiber props yet?

.......... But I am curious now. If DJI has free shipping on orders that are more than $150, does that mean that they will wait for all items in order to be available before shipping it? I am so used to Amazon and getting things in different boxes to speed up delivery, that I am not sure if other companies do the same thing.
No! I found out the hard way.

This made me think about a picture I saw not long ago. Blew me away. Take a look at his picture and am I seeing things on the flex of those blades?? Looks crazy.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...=027ee4ca548069e3dbd1b43e1657b087&oe=56503BC2

hi - i do not think what you see is actualy 'blades flex' - I think it's a matter of camera-shutter speed. Ever see wheel spokes turn backwards while the car moves forward in a movie - I think it's the same concpt - but, what do I know - I could be wrong too. ;>)

hi - i do not think what you see is actualy 'blades flex' - I think it's a matter of camera-shutter speed. Ever see wheel spokes turn backwards while the car moves forward in a movie - I think it's the same concpt - but, what do I know - I could be wrong too. ;>)
I wondered about that too but then look at the shadow. The shadow seems to reinforce that the blades do flex. It's bizarre.

I use DJI's Carbon Re-enforced props. They are stiffer. Aircraft seems more "responsive" to maneuvers as some have stated, some say plastic gives a smoother flight.. Small sample, but I had two set of DJI CF and two sets of Plastic shipped with drone. I found the balance on the CF to be far better than the plastic and prop to prop weight variations, etc. to be very close, so from that it would seem the manufacturing tolerances may be tighter but YMMV... I like them (not just for looks).

Yesterday I swapped to the DJI CF reinforced blades. They are very stiff compared to the stock plastic blades. IMO the P3 is a little more "bouncy" with plastic blades on but that comes as no surprise given how much the plastic blades flex in the hand. It's my thinking the bounce takes some of the stresses away from the frame/motors. The DJI CF blades hardly bend at all. BUT ... I'm seriously considering going back to plastic, my fear is the CF props may transfer unwanted stress down to the motors/arms which may manifest itself as the dreaded stress fractures.

I never fly with brakes set to 100% ... I always knock them down to about 70% as a precaution anyway. It makes me cringe seeing my phantom brake from 30ish mph at 100% brakes. I always imagine the motors being ripped off the arms. I have nothing to base my fears on other than the reality of each motor only being held in place with 4 small hex screws into plastic!!!

"REDUCE THE CHANCE OF JELLO" ok, can someone explain?
That sounds a bit dubious to me.

As Jason said above, "Technically a stiffer more rigid blade should give you better flight responses and control where the plastic blades flex a little especially when fighting some heavy winds". So if that's true and we were to include the word "smooth" in that description, then it *might* help a bit with jello.

"Reduce the chance" ?

so you're telling me there's a chance.jpg

Also, I found that the CF props needed balancing out of the package.

Not sure many blades don't (need balancing) .. just in my case the DJI CF ones were all a lot closer to each other to begin with vs. the plastic which tended to be all over.. YMMV though..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair