Anybody use Carbon Fiber Props ?

Reaction score
Just curious to if anybody was a Carbon Fiber lover, or if they are just cosmetics?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Okay sorry, I scoured the forum looking for prior posts before posting something redundant but I didn't see anything. Thanks for letting me know.

Okay sorry, I scoured the forum looking for prior posts before posting something redundant but I didn't see anything. Thanks for letting me know.

It's a common question.

For best results only use DJI props for your particular model Phantom.

They really are part of a tuned system and using 3rd party props most often causes stability and other in-flight issues.

Remember it's first function is that of a flying [camera] platform not a performance or sport aircraft.

Last edited:
Okay, I've only had this P3P about 2 weeks now, so I'm still new to this world. Thanks for knowledge. This is a great forum.

Okay, I've only had this P3P about 2 weeks now, so I'm still new to this world. Thanks for knowledge. This is a great forum.

I've been using the DJI CF props on my P1, P2 and P3P (and I balanced them) and I can't really say I see any difference in flight characteristics between them and the plastic props since, like most of us, I just fly pretty mellow for aerial video. I would say, use plastic or CF (DJI brand), though my personal opinion is to make sure and balance whatever props you do use. It's easy to do.

Any threads or quick tutorials on balancing?

I only use the DJI ones and nothing else. Never had an issue with them at all

I have a set of DJI ones but haven't tried them out yet. Some people claim they increase vibration, others claim they improve performance.

Either way, watch out when using them. They won't give way in the same fashion as the regular ones, so depending on what - or who - they hit, the results could be unfortunate.

Reactions: gringorio
.......(and I balanced them) ........though my personal opinion is to make sure and balance whatever props you do use. It's easy to do.

How do you balance your own props?

EDIT: HAHA, literally 2 seconds after posting that, I scrolled up, and saw the video there.
So, never mind :p

EDIT #2: What would cause props to go unbalanced?

Last edited:
How do you balance your own props?

EDIT: HAHA, literally 2 seconds after posting that, I scrolled up, and saw the video there.
So, never mind :p

EDIT #2: What would cause props to go unbalanced?

I imagine they come from the manufacturer like that. You'd think, for the money you're spending on the drone, they'd pay more attention to the balancing of their props. Oh well..

I feel I'm getting longer flight times & quieter flights with the DJI CF ones, this is just anecdotal and could be for any number of other reasons.

The CF ones don't seem to screw on as easily as the plastic ones.

I think the plastic ones look better, also the CF ones pick up scratches easily.

I haven't noticed any changes in performance or noise reduction, but yes they look cool while on the ground... Up in the air? Who cares you can't see them anyway!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457461616.259433.jpg

Reactions: Buzz rabbit
I bought a set from drone world for $50 loved them then noticed a clicking noise on one the motors thought motor was bad sent p3p back got a new one put carbon fiber props on and had same noise looked a little further into it it was the Hub of one of the props was just slightly loose ,so got some dji cf props not as stiff as dw but feel better that they are from dji and to me I like them better then the white ones

Reactions: Carlo Napoli
Are mate you wouldn't Berenice today I have the carbo 9inch ones from eBay I was flying was all good till I came down then as quick as lighting the phantom was wobbling lost control and landed broke the legs that was it
I do like the carbon they look much better they are just like yours but with out the yellow but as you said they a dji ones could you post link for me as I really want them you have please
Btw I'm being told wrong information no names mention.
But I'm running 4.0 multistar battery's now I have TGE buzzers to warm you when low they ain't working
For done reason the guy said put them on 3.6 volts to alert you but they just don't go off
The max bolted they only go up to is 3.8 then off on the alert buzzer do you know by any chance why

I had CF props but removed them. As a newer pilot i would be more prone to accidents and those CF props will mess you up or whatever you hit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues