Anybody Up Flying in this Snow Storm on the East Coast?

Reaction score
Looks as though the North-East is getting pounded by this large scale snow storm.......Just wondering if there any Phantoms up flying today?
And, if so, got any photos to share?

Sorry you got no answers....Guess they were all inside cat napping or watchn the tube...or hopefull reading the Phantom Pilots threads to become a better drone pilot and gaining more knowledge of the drone and its flights systems.

Not in the Northeast, but got out in the lull of the 15 inches of snow we got in the Midwest last weekend. These are from about halfway through the storm, was plowing and shoveling the next day.
DJI_0093.JPG
DJI_0084.JPG

Electronics and moisture (snow) don't mix. Yes, it will fly in the snow and rain but don't be surprised on future flights when it quits. Were the snow photos worth a $1,500 drone replacement?

Outside of Harrisburg, PA. snow was too wet, followed by heavy rain. Then the wind started. Today the average wind is 22mph w/ gusts of 32mph from the NW. Wind chill a balmy -15 degrees. My drones are nice and warm in their hangers along with my big flying machines.

Thanks for the replies........
In my area, the storm dropped about 6 inches of snow, followed by about 3 hours of freezing rain, then another 4 hours of rain with temperatures climbing to well above freezing.
My P4P was tucked away in its hangar but it'll be out later today if the sun comes out......

Looks as though the North-East is getting pounded by this large scale snow storm.......Just wondering if there any Phantoms up flying today?
And, if so, got any photos to share?
We got iced on top of 4 inches of snow in Hopewell Junction,NY

Attachments

• DJI_0035.JPG
    DJI_0035.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 201
Not in the Northeast, but got out in the lull of the 15 inches of snow we got in the Midwest last weekend. These are from about halfway through the storm, was plowing and shoveling the next day.View attachment 107556View attachment 107555

Kudos to you. Exactly what I want to do, buy too skittish to put the babe in the air in sub-zero wind chills. Would love to have to some pics of the this “storm”.

1.20.19 snow b.png

It is a rare event for us to have snow on the ground in SW Arkansas, so when we got some last week I put the drone up over our mountain valley for some pics and a little video.

Reactions: Fishenmann

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31