Anybody still using their 2?

Reaction score
Just wondered.. are you still using your Phantom 2?
Mine is non-vision but with all the extras including GoPro, gimble, antennas to give me at least a couple miles.
Hard to see the point of dropping a grand on something that is certainly better, but doesn't do a huge amount more.

Yes. Mine is a non-vision and use it for Sport flying only. Lots of fun in Manual mode!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi, Yes still using mine, but having some problems getting the video to display on the tablet, otherwise still going strong.

I still have mine but haven't flown it in months and as a stock videographer, I do more footage on the ground. Aerial footage doesn't sell that well and besides, you need a 107 to do it commercially.

Yes, I still fly my P2V occasionally as a back up for my P3P, which is simpler to fly, more stable, and has a better camera. My complaint about the P2V's camera is its fish-eye lens that give a curved horizon, which can be corrected in Photoshop. I also had problems with the black screen on the tablet, but I sent it to DJI, and it and a few other minor things got fixed just fine and came back as good as new. I also fly my P2V in areas where P3P software won't let me fly the P3P.

Interesting (to me anyway) that the current main discussion section doesn't look that different from 4 years ago - I crashed my drone in the sea - I hit a tree - my drone flew away - what happens if I take off with the red lights flashing?.

In car terms the problem has always been the nut behing the steering wheel. I wonder what the quadcopter equivalent might be?

Mine is non-vision but with all the extras including GoPro, gimble, antennas to give me at least a couple miles.
Hard to see the point of dropping a grand on something that is certainly better, but doesn't do a huge amount more.
Oh yes. I still fly my P2V+ a lot. Had to replace the wifi module a while back, but it still flies great and I get great photos and vids. The Lr lens correction really straightens the images. Even though I have a P4A, I still shoot this one on assignments as well.

Mine is the non vision model. Yes, flew here in Wyoming today and yesterday. Cold flight was good, wasn’t sure what to expect in below freezing temps but it did well.

Mine is the non vision model. Yes, flew here in Wyoming today and yesterday. Cold flight was good, wasn’t sure what to expect in below freezing temps but it did well.

To wet in UK to fly

Yes, I still fly my P2V occasionally as a back up for my P3P, which is simpler to fly, more stable, and has a better camera. My complaint about the P2V's camera is its fish-eye lens that give a curved horizon, which can be corrected in Photoshop. I also had problems with the black screen on the tablet, but I sent it to DJI, and it and a few other minor things got fixed just fine and came back as good as new. I also fly my P2V in areas where P3P software won't let me fly the P3P.
What brand of aftermarket batteries are you using, or would recommend?

What brand of aftermarket batteries are you using, or would recommend?

Check on eBay using Phantom vision 11.1v 5200mAh battery as a search term.

[/QUOTE
I was using mine even after getting a P4A until the wifi module went out - again. Still a great flying machine...it's for sale for $250.

My phantom 2 has only 3 working 9450's props, i am unable to find genuine ones yet to buy. It is very interesting how a big company like DJI has stopped manufacturing propellers for older models, drones can last a very long time with good maintenance. I guess they only want you to buy their newer models (just like cars marketing). For now, i am using the DJI Simulator lol....

Still flying the P2V+, but at times I get the "Failed to connect" when starting up. Random, and other times, she connects and flies fine.
I agree, that a Mavic or P3/4 may have some advantages, but not worth the $$ for me yet.

Just wish I could get it to connect reliably like it used to. Have a motion detector several hundred yards away in a clearing in the woods, and would like to fly out there when motion is detected to see the deer. raccoon, or whatever is setting it off.

Still flying the P2V+, but at times I get the "Failed to connect" when starting up. Random, and other times, she connects and flies fine.
I agree, that a Mavic or P3/4 may have some advantages, but not worth the $$ for me yet.

Just wish I could get it to connect reliably like it used to. Have a motion detector several hundred yards away in a clearing in the woods, and would like to fly out there when motion is detected to see the deer. raccoon, or whatever is setting it off.
Have you thought about getting a bush camera? Amazon.com: Bush camera

Maybe your wifi module is having problems now, perhaps it will eventually need to be replaced. Personnally i see no reason to upgrade/buy the latest of P4 or Mavic drone, this drone i got still has lots of potential. I thought in buying a used P3, seriously considering it now.

Pegasus2- I do have one of those trailcams working back there, but would like to see in real time what's causing the activity.
ICore- I can't see the wifi module being good one time, and then failing to connect another time. Next day, it'll be fine. Do you know if that intermittent failure happens with this module?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1