Anybody familiar with using FPV DVD players/recorders?

Reaction score
I had an idea that I've been working on for hours but I'm starting to think it is not going to work, but maybe someone can help me out...

I want to create a PowerPoint presentation to play on the little DVD Players/Recorders we use for FPV. The BangGood type. My idea was to create a presentation that would loop over and over and keep playing.

It's going to hook to a 32" monitor in a window at work for advertising purposes.

I made the presentation, saved it in Kiosk mode to loop and it works fine on the computer.

I saved it on an SD card and tested it on my FPV Black Pearl monitor. I can't even see the file on the BP monitor. But there are so many different file types that you can save as that it gets confusing.

Is it even possible to run this without a computer? I don't want to tie up a laptop just to run this presentation. Next, I think I'm going to download the free PP Player and put it on the SD card but I'm starting to think even that won't work. Would it be helpful if I used a 32" TV instead of a monitor?

Thanks for any help!!!

You need a computer because you need an application to play it. You can't just stick a file on an SD card and plug a monitor to it. Would be the same if it was a JPG. You need something to access the picture to display it. I have a Black Pearl, but it's just a monitor that has Video In. You need something to actually play the file to get video into the Black Pearl. I hope that makes sense...

Reactions: Chirp
You need a computer because you need an application to play it. You can't just stick a file on an SD card and plug a monitor to it. Would be the same if it was a JPG. You need something to access the picture to display it. I have a Black Pearl, but it's just a monitor that has Video In. You need something to actually play the file to get video into the Black Pearl. I hope that makes sense...

Sorry just got back here. Thanks. That makes perfect sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers