Anybody else po'ed about dji pricing?

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, is anybody else disgusted with dji? 699$ P3S that suddenly drops too 499$, a 379$ camera that I bought, because dji wouldn't respond to my service request, now 259$. I'm glad for the guys that got in on the price drops, but it makes us who didn't feel kinda stupid, you know what I mean? And I haven't even got in to the advanced that went from 999 to 799, or the pro that was 1259 and is now being sold for 799 from some places. Don't get me wrong, I love flying my P3S, but I have to say, it will be the last dji product I own. I sure hope everybody else catches up soon.

It's the price of having the latest and greatest. The price of the P4 will drop someday too. If you wait until next March to buy it, I bet you'll be in for a spectacular deal.

Reactions: Squirrel!
It's the price of having the latest and greatest. The price of the P4 will drop someday too. If you wait until next March to buy it, I bet you'll be in for a spectacular deal.
The way things have gone, it wont be that long. I bought my P3S in sept of last year, right after release. In six months, look at whats happened.

I'm just wondering, is anybody else disgusted with dji? 699$ P3S that suddenly drops too 499$, a 379$ camera that I bought, because dji wouldn't respond to my service request, now 259$. I'm glad for the guys that got in on the price drops, but it makes us who didn't feel kinda stupid, you know what I mean? And I haven't even got in to the advanced that went from 999 to 799, or the pro that was 1259 and is now being sold for 799 from some places. Don't get me wrong, I love flying my P3S, but I have to say, it will be the last dji product I own. I sure hope everybody else catches up soon.
So, you are mad because DJI dropped their prices. This isn't anything new. New models come out and older ones are reduced. That's life. Are you just mad at the price you paid for yours?

I am not going to complain.
I bought two Standards. I wanted them now and the price was 699.00
No different with cars, end of the model year, price drops.
Just that we had know idea that the end of the model year was coming..at I didn't.
I am happy. I don't plan on reselling mine so I don't have to worry about getting my "money" back when I sell.
I am going to drive this bad boy bird until it can't be fixed anymore. Then I will throw it away and get me a new one.
What ever the price is then, thats what I will pay.

Mike

Reactions: Squirrel!
So, you are mad because DJI dropped their prices. This isn't anything new. New models come out and older ones are reduced. That's life. Are you just mad at the price you paid for yours?
Not mad really. I thought I was getting a good deal, since any Pv2+ were still selling for ridiculous prices. But then the corporate shake came. No, I'm not mad at what I paid for it, but I am mad at what I paid for the camera/gimbal, probably because I could get no help from dji when the drone was brand spanking new and f**ked up. I don't like feeling taken, and that's exactly how I feel. And no amount of sideways reasoning will change it.

Not mad really. I thought I was getting a good deal, since any Pv2+ were still selling for ridiculous prices. But then the corporate shake came. No, I'm not mad at what I paid for it, but I am mad at what I paid for the camera/gimbal, probably because I could get no help from dji when the drone was brand spanking new and f**ked up. I don't like feeling taken, and that's exactly how I feel. And no amount of sideways reasoning will change it.
Yep. You're mad

Reactions: BigAl07
Let me just say for clarification, I posed this to see how you guys feel about the price drops and such. I am not looking for advice on consumer ethics or buyers remorse or whatever. This in a nutshell is how I feel, and none of you can change the way I feel, but you can express how YOU feel. So have at it. Just don't try to tell me I'm wrong, and shouldn't think like this.

Reactions: MikeK
It is my understanding the price drops are to celebrate DJI 10 anniversary. I have no doubt the prices will be going back up shortly.

As for the pricing? Meh...I don't know of a model RC'er that doesn't feel the same about their stuff being too expensive. I remember having a RC monster truck. I broke the tie rod end. In order to replace it, I had to buy a whole tree of parts for just this one piece. $17 + tax. The individual piece couldn't have been more than 15 cents by itself.

Reactions: mcphipps
If you say so. But I think if I was really, truly mad, I throw it in the dumpster, but I haven't.
When the Phantom 1 came out...it was $679. I bought my first when it dropped to $479. I bought my second at $379. I bought my third at $299. Am I mad ....NO. I'm glad the prices dropped. I still have all three and they are flying well. If you want the latest...pay the price.

Don't think the pricing is going to go back up.
It's obvious that price drop was more related to the Phantom 4 that DJI birthday....anniversary....expiration date.....what ever.
Those prices will not go back up unless the P4 flops, and the demand for the P3 goes up.

Mike

///////////////////////

EBay...
There was an ad posted on here the other day, cant remember who the store is, but the guys figured they bought a bunch of P3P from dji at a reduced price, and were selling them for 799.

Seems like it was ebay, you might go there and search. I saw it, but really wasn't interested.

I would tend to say I'm disappointed in the price drop... because I need to sell an older P2V+ and a pretty new P3P. I bought the P3P just 3 months ago for $1200 and not its selling for $800. This means I lost $500 in just under 3 months.

It seems like DJI's business model is to trash their "old" stuff in order to sell their new stuff.

But on the other hand I can't complain about lower retail prices. So it's a little like a catch-22.

However, I also look at it this way... My P3P is not worth enough now to sell and put that money toward a $1400 P4. The P4 is just not that big of an advancement over what I have... and the fact that what I have has such little resale value. So in that DJI has artificially lowered the price of the P3's so much, I won't be paying them for a P4.

But _again_... I would not call this a complaint as much as expressing slight disappointment.

I would tend to say I'm disappointed in the price drop... because I need to sell an older P2V+ and a pretty new P3P. I bought the P3P just 3 months ago for $1200 and not its selling for $800. This means I lost $500 in just under 3 months.

It seems like DJI's business model is to trash their "old" stuff in order to sell their new stuff.

But on the other hand I can't complain about lower retail prices. So it's a little like a catch-22.

However, I also look at it this way... My P3P is not worth enough now to sell and put that money toward a $1400 P4. The P4 is just not that big of an advancement over what I have... and the fact that what I have has such little resale value. So in that DJI has artificially lowered the price of the P3's so much, I won't be paying them for a P4..

But _again_... I would not call this a complaint as much as expressing slight disappointment.
Well, the one thing I've found out in life is, you can complain, but it probably wont get you anywhere. I get ya about the price drop and the value of your present drones though. If dji was an asskicker on service, then I would be ticked. But they're not. So, I'll just fly er til she quits. Unfortunate though, I have a spare gimbal and camera, and anything else that goes wrong will be cheap enough, except maybe the main board. I saw a guy on here the other day trying to sell a standard camera/gimbal, it was new or near new, and he was asking 250$. That's when I got a little miffed. He didn't have any takers, so I knew I was stuck with the drone, the extra camera, until hell froze over. And that could be at least a week or two....LOL

But what makes this technology different from any other? It doesn't matter what you buy today, the price next month will generally drop. Computers, TV'S, Cellluar, etc etc.
It is nearly impossible to stay ahead of the curve.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

But what makes this technology different from any other? It doesn't matter what you buy today, the price next month will generally drop. Computers, TV'S, Cellluar, etc etc.
It is nearly impossible to stay ahead of the curve.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I have two laptops, which I didn't pay squat for either, and a fire tablet, 49$, and my phone is an lg70, 99$. So I don't know what you do, except bend over and grin. I probably have less than 500$ in computer technology, so this drone is new animal to me.
Hell, My motorhome didn't cost as much as a tricked out inspire. So you know the chances of me forking over for one of those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav