Anybody bought from B+H recently

Reaction score
I sent back my phantom that I bought from B+H around mid december because of the 'no marking' escs and I was wondering if anybody bought from them recently and recieved the latest version secs V2.1 with the new modules. If you have PLEASE let me know. Im ready to buy and ready to fly :p

Like you I bought mine from B&H in mid December. I got the same as you, non coded ESCs. I sent mine back and said I wanted a new one. I figured a month had passed since I bought mine and they said they got a lot of new inventory. So I gambled. I got mine 2 days ago (Jan 15th) I immediately opened it up and it had version 2.0 ESCs vented wifi unit and the upgraded camera gimble. Well I might send it back or I might just fly it. Figured I wait the weekend to decide. Not sure how much I believe all the talk on here that all these units are bad.... My first one that I had for about 2 weeks had about 15 flights on it with no issues what so ever. Not sure what to do..... Just want to fly. However I did join the AMA for liability protection.... Figured for $58 it is worth it....

catchingchrome said:
Not sure how much I believe all the talk on here that all these units are bad
If there were really that many bad Phantoms, I would think this forum and DJI's forum would be filled with nothing but complaints.

catchingchrome said:
However I did join the AMA for liability protection
The AMA only covers what is in excess of your home insurance coverage AND they only cover you if you follow their safety code (which is pretty hard unless you're flying at an R/C club).

msinger said:
catchingchrome said:
Not sure how much I believe all the talk on here that all these units are bad
If there were really that many bad Phantoms, I would think this forum and DJI's forum would be filled with nothing but complaints.

catchingchrome said:
However I did join the AMA for liability protection
The AMA only covers what is in excess of your home insurance coverage AND they only cover you if you follow their safety code (which is pretty hard unless you're flying at an R/C club).

The policy itself (http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/500-m.pdf) is interesting reading. All it says about qualifying is: "All members of the policyholder in good standing" (The AMA is the policyholder). In Exclusions, nothing is said about flying at AMA fields or even following AMA "rules". There's even no exclusion that I could find that denies coverage for commercial use of the aircraft.

I could be wrong because insurance policies are an extreme application of doublespeak and obfuscation.

The AMA insurance is an umbrella policy and according to their own advertisements, you are covered anywhere you fly. The ad even states "in your backyard, park or wherever". It's such a low cost option, it should be a no-brainer to purchase (of course that's my opinion).

SteveMann, see this link:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/Insu ... embers.pdf

SteveMann said:
All it says about qualifying is: "All members of the policyholder in good standing" (The AMA is the policyholder). In Exclusions, nothing is said about flying at AMA fields or even following AMA "rules".
Per the above link, the general liability coverage "applies to accidents arising from the modeling activities of model aircraft, rockets, cars and boats, in accordance with the AMA NATIONAL Safety Code(s)".

SteveMann said:
There's even no exclusion that I could find that denies coverage for commercial use of the aircraft.
Per the above link, the general liability coverage "policy does NOT cover business pursuits; that is any activity that generates income for a member beyond reimbursement of expenses".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4