Any stand alone media players that play 4k and HD output via HDMI

Reaction score
Hi All, My Samsung TV, will not play my Phantom Pro's SD card, so I'm looking for a media player that I can connect direct to my Samsung TV via HDMI and play files straight form my Phantom's SD card. If it could also connect to my Blackarmour NAS via ethernet to play Phantom MP4's as well , that really would be an added bonus.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi All, My Samsung TV, will not play my Phantom Pro's SD card, so I'm looking for a media player that I can connect direct to my Samsung TV via HDMI and play files straight form my Phantom's SD card. If it could also connect to my Blackarmour NAS via ethernet to play Phantom MP4's as well , that really would be an added bonus.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure... but since you have no answers yet... wouldn't the new HDMI modification to the controller help with this?

Have a look at the Android tv boxes. Some of them play 4k and are quite cheap.

I have the Beelink i68 and it plays the 4k video from my P3.

How old is your Samsung? Mine plays it just fine. I have an external USB drive that I attached to my TV and I copy my videos directly from the P3P SD card onto the drive. It plays perfectly.

How old is your Samsung? Mine plays it just fine. I have an external USB drive that I attached to my TV and I copy my videos directly from the P3P SD card onto the drive. It plays perfectly.
Similar here except I just put the micro SD card into the USB adapter that came with the card. I plug that directly into the Samsung evo box and it reads all the files.

If you have a spare USB drive, I would try copying the videos to the drive and playing it off of that rather than from the SD card directly with an adapter. I've had issues playing them off the card even on a computer.

Sorry, don't mean to jijack thread, but I have kind of a related issue, which probably doesn't need its own thread.

I have a seven yr old Panasonic TV that doesn't have USB. It does have an SD slot which I've inserted the P3A mini SD into using an adaptor. The video works, but is choppy. I had the brain wave today to stream video from PC to PS3 then into TV. It works also, but it is the same choppiness. Anyone know why? Is there any way I can view phantom video with an older TV that doesn't have usb that'll work smoothly?

Sorry, don't mean to jijack thread, but I have kind of a related issue, which probably doesn't need its own thread.

I have a seven yr old Panasonic TV that doesn't have USB. It does have an SD slot which I've inserted the P3A mini SD into using an adaptor. The video works, but is choppy. I had the brain wave today to stream video from PC to PS3 then into TV. It works also, but it is the same choppiness. Anyone know why? Is there any way I can view phantom video with an older TV that doesn't have usb that'll work smoothly?
Both of you can play the video on your computer and output it to your TVs. Use VLC player.

Both of you can play the video on your computer and output it to your TVs. Use VLC player.

I gave VLC a try but found it a little too cumbersome...unless I wasn't using it right, but anyway I also tried PS3 MediaServer. Super easy to use and it lessened the chopinesss, but there was a bit left still.

So I did some searching and came across Plex. It took a me a while to figure out how to stream, but it works pretty well. Every once in a while, there's a stutter, but overall worked better than the others and pretty simple once you figure it out. I recommend it for anyone else with older TV's without USB, etc.

I gave VLC a try but found it a little too cumbersome...unless I wasn't using it right, but anyway I also tried PS3 MediaServer. Super easy to use and it lessened the chopinesss, but there was a bit left still.

So I did some searching and came across Plex. It took a me a while to figure out how to stream, but it works pretty well. Every once in a while, there's a stutter, but overall worked better than the others and pretty simple once you figure it out. I recommend it for anyone else with older TV's without USB, etc.

If you allow VLC to become your default player it couldn't be more simple. Open the video you want to play and VLC opens and plays it. I'm not familiar with Plex. Ill have to take a look

I don't know of any media player that won't support 4K and output to HDMI.

If you allow VLC to become your default player it couldn't be more simple. Open the video you want to play and VLC opens and plays it. I'm not familiar with Plex. Ill have to take a look

I understand easy enough how to open it and play video on PC, but I couldn't figure out an easy way to stream to PS3.

I understand easy enough how to open it and play video on PC, but I couldn't figure out an easy way to stream to PS3.
Gotcha... totally different set of problems. Media Center isn't streaming it properly? And I thought we were talking about 4k video?? Did I miss something?

Gotcha... totally different set of problems. Media Center isn't streaming it properly? And I thought we were talking about 4k video?? Did I miss something?

Nope, not talking 4k for me. I couldn't get 1080p to display without chopiness using Media Center, or by directly inserting card into slot on TV. That is until finding Plex.

The PS3 doesn't do 1080 anyway does it? I'm not a console junky.. games play far better at 4k on a computer.

Hi All, Thank you all so much for your replies, my TV is a Samsung UE46C8000, 3-4 years old I think. I'll try tonight with a USB drive. It complains about the file format.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj