Any problems with multiple takeoff and landing on same battery?

Reaction score
Are there any issues with taking off and landing multiple times with the same battery as long as I don't turn off the drone?

To maximize my time in the air I was thinking about getting one shot, landing walking to the next location, taking off for the next shot then landing then walking to the next spot all without turning off the drone.

I read many threads that talked about not taking off with a low battery but I haven't seen any with the above plan.

The only potential issue I see is that your home point would not manually reset to your new location on the 2nd, 3rd, etc. takeoff. That might not matter to you though since the original home point is most likely a safe landing location.

Are you turning the drone off, each landing, then on again, to ascend?

Or touch and go...

RedHotPoker

I think this is safe if it isn't too long between flights (so the battery doesn't cool off too much) and avoid taking off below 40 or 50%.

These would be touch and go landings.
You should be fine. Just be cautious of the battery voltage.
Have its feature turned on in the Go app, showing on the top of the main screen, and pay attention to it, from time to time. Particularly if you have already been flying awhile. Low voltage can drop suddenly, if you should give it a burst of throttle. Firmware updates have helped, this, but don't tempt fate. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Are there any issues with taking off and landing multiple times with the same battery as long as I don't turn off the drone?

To maximize my time in the air I was thinking about getting one shot, landing walking to the next location, taking off for the next shot then landing then walking to the next spot all without turning off the drone.

I read many threads that talked about not taking off with a low battery but I haven't seen any with the above plan.
This kind of flying with not affect battery charge calculations but you might face starting and taking off at low voltages and you might see a message limiting the battery currents. That's the point you should change over to another battery. But nevertheless keep monitoring remaining charge on the batteries and start landing at about 30%.

I do it all the time and have experienced no problems at all.
I usually do this when I'm bringing the drone back to change lens filters etc.

I think that most of the issues with low battery take offs are associated with drones that have been turned off for hours or even days between flights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers