Any problems with flying my P2V in Ensenada, Mexico?

Reaction score
This Memorial weekend am heading down to Baja, Mexico. I want to fly on the Pacific coast of Baja, probably spending a few days in Ensenada, Mexico and will fly my P2V on the boardwalk and around town.

Does anyone know of any Mexican law or regulation that prohibits this?

Only the large bold font law of flying !! :D

Your 2 weeks early... If you go in 2 weeks you can film the Baja 500 Race. But not you wont get in trouble.

Don the builder said:
This Memorial weekend am heading down to Baja, Mexico. I want to fly on the Pacific coast of Baja, probably spending a few days in Ensenada, Mexico and will fly my P2V on the boardwalk and around town.

Does anyone know of any Mexican law or regulation that prohibits this?

You may also have to get it a visa & tell it to stop at the border if it decides to return home on its own!

I'd be pretty careful. You never know what the radio frequency rules or allocations are in Mexico. Further Mexican law enforcement could decide they like your quad and seize it. You would never get it back.

Mexico has embraced 'drones' -- there are no laws that would concern you. However, the federales may exact a bribe from you.

I flew in Cancún a few weeks ago and had no issues whatsoever.

It is my recollection that the Federales are the ones you should NOT try to bribe.

Flying in Ensenada sounds fun. It's been years since I've been there but I would just try to steer clear of the police. I agree that if they like it they might take it. I think it's probably easier in a place like Cancun because the police are more tolerant of tourists since that's essentially the point of Cancun.

streetreporter said:
Mexico has embraced 'drones' -- there are no laws that would concern you. However, the federales may exact a bribe from you.

I flew in Cancún a few weeks ago and had no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: The Warrior's Club

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4