Any Problems running 3 batteries??

Reaction score
Aloha from Hawaii All,

I've been reading this forum for a little while but I've just joined so this is my first post!

Problem: My flight time with my current phantom is pretty bad,...about 4-5min of strong power before the Low Voltage light goes on when I give it full throttle. I know they sell kits to hook up 2 batteries, which I plan to do, but is there a problem hooking up 3-2400mAh batteries? Will it damage anything?

My current setup is pretty heavy with:
Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal
FPV System
OSD Data telemetry
Prop Guards
and Some epoxy on the body to repair small cracks.

I do have Carbon Fiber Props and Anti-Gravity Motors which I felt I needed to get with all the weight.

Does anyone here run 3 batteries? Will it damage anything? and Is it a good idea running multiple batteries?

Thanks.

I think you will get diminishing returns. The extra weight will negate the extra time, and will destroy flight handling to boot.

Is there some reason that you would not want to use something like a F550?

I pretty much maxed out my budget. I've spent almost $4000 and I only have a couple hundred left for this project. (Which includes a backup stock Phantom) I'm looking to get the flight time to about 9-10min. Nothing crazy, just more than 4-5min. I'm going to try 2 batteries and see how long that goes for. But was curious if anyone has used 3 batteries and had problems with it.

OI Photography said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sYgQJ9dNWg

Why Does his Phantom weigh 1025g before? Before what, The extra two batteries? Was the camera on when he weighed it? And only 1375g after the two battery add on don't seem right either! And you have to take into account he has upgraded motors that may perform better then the DJI stock motors!!

phantomflyer said:
OI Photography said:

Why Does his Phantom weigh 1025g before? Before what, The extra two batteries? Was the camera on when he weighed it? And only 1375g after the two battery add on don't seem right either! And you have to take into account he has upgraded motors that may perform better then the DJI stock motors!!

I have no clue lol. I just remembered coming across that video a while ago, only one I'd seen of anybody doing 3 batts.

Ha! Awesome vid!

Interesting he would strap them to the bottom of the landing gear, imagine it might cause something funky with the compass. Well this is confidence inspiring, I'm going to go for the 3 batteries. I'll report back how it went!!

Thanks guys.

peter nap said:
OI Photography said:

I wonder if those extra batteries are causing the jello.
Looked terrible.
I think if he added a gimbal things would look better

Dave Pitman said:
I think you will get diminishing returns. The extra weight will negate the extra time, and will destroy flight handling to boot.

Is there some reason that you would not want to use something like a F550?

Absolutely. After two batteries you are just adding dead weight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4