Any point in waiting before buying a P3?

Reaction score
I've got the money to buy a P3 now, but I'll probably not be flying it for a month or so because of work commitments.

Considering the problems some people have been having (cracks, software problems, etc), would it make sense to wait a month before buying one? Thanks.

If its going to sit gathering dust for a month I wouldn't bother and keep the money in your bank but there is nothing drastically wrong with the Phantom 3 that a decent firmware wouldn't fix so your decision.

I've got the money to buy a P3 now, but I'll probably not be flying it for a month or so because of work commitments.

Considering the problems some people have been having (cracks, software problems, etc), would it make sense to wait a month before buying one? Thanks.

You can get combo deals now with $50 off an extra battery. It's anyone's guess how long that promotion will be running for so it may still be worth ordering now. There's really nothing wrong with the Phantom 3 that should concern you with respect to getting it now. If the body shell were to be redesigned in any way it wont likely be with in that short a time frame. And with respect to firmware it works great with 1.1.9 firmware which is what my new Phantom came with last week. I will not be upgrading the firmware to the 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 versions which have been problematic for many. As long as you do the same thing I wouldn't really worry about Phantom problems.

With all the above said.. DJI seems to be releasing new products roughly every 6 months. If you literally wont be flying for another month which puts you almost into September at that point.. You may very well see a Phantom 3 Plus become available with some enhancements over the current unit by around Christmas time. Along with a price drop in the current unit. A lot of people got messed up when DJI released the Phantom 2 Vision Plus and dropped the price of the original Vision to $1k from $1,200 which killed the reseale value on a Phantom many had purchased only months prior.

The P3 will never be perfect. None of the old Phantoms are perfect either. Unless you wait for version 2 of the P3 (assuming DJI releases a version 2), the P3 will most likely be the same in one month from now.

There are a lot of good package deals here:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/Available

Reactions: snowghost
The P3 will never be perfect. None of the old Phantoms are perfect either. Unless you wait for version 2 of the P3 (assuming DJI releases a version 2), the P3 will most likely be the same in one month from now.

There are a lot of good package deals here:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/Available

My BMW isn't perfect, nothing is. That's why you just need to enjoy flying and don't monkey around with it.

Get it. You will find a way to work around the work committments and fly it. ;-)

Ordering anything from DJI is a waiting game. 30 days will pass by quickly.

According to old posts, folks have been complaining about cracks for over 3 years.
Waiting one more month??
The answer that makes more sense to me is don't do any hard flight maneuvers. Take it easy & you'll be fine (I think) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.