Any Opinion on where to buy?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been toying with the idea of buying one of these for a while now and I believe I'm ready. But there's so many vendors and option packages to choose from.
Also I hear DJI themselves haven't got the greatest costumer service record.
So my question is What is your opinion on the best vendor to buy from? Who's gonna back up the sale if/when something goes wrong?

It seems people have the most trouble with the delivery and/or unboxing. For that reason, it's important to buy from a trusted seller (and shipper). Also, it would be a great idea to buy from an authorized DJI dealer -- even more so if you live in a location where DJI will only honor the warranty if you buy from an authorized DJI dealer (like in the US).

The DJI Store, Amazon, Best Buy, or other dealers or big box stores that are dealers are good places to buy. If you shop on Amazon, I keep a sortable list of authorized DJI dealers who have P4Ps in stock here:

Buy A DJI Phantom (Deals Updated Daily)

As for service after the sale, all sellers will most likely refer you directly to DJI for anything that's covered under warranty. So, there is likely no advantage to buying from someone who claims to have superb after-sales service.

For general questions and/or troubleshooting, forums like this are key. There are helpful people here pretty much 24-hours a day. The official DJI forum is another good resource (especially if you want to interact with DJI employees).

Hey Thanks so much I'll give it a look. If I can't unbox it Umm I probably am gonna be in very serious trouble when it's time to actually fly LMAO!!!

If I can't unbox it Umm I probably am gonna be in very serious trouble
For sure :D

I meant some people have trouble after unboxing their Phantoms. For example, sometimes the Phantom shows signs of prior use, the battery is dead, etc.

There is some great bundle packages on Amazon, to get 1 2 or 3 battery packages along with a bunch of accessories. This is where I got mine.

I go first to B&H Photo Video where I have purchased electronics and other gear for the past 30 years. Best prices for items and the lowest shipping costs and no sales tax outside of New York state. What is exceptional is the ease of returning an item. Any day at any time of day I can request a RMA online and have it in my email inbox in at most a couple hours. In most situations they provide a pre-paid return shipping label as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik