Any one in the Southern Ca area

Reaction score
I have had my Phantom almost 3 weeks, and have flown it every day. i am wondering if in body in the So Cal area has had any problems with police or security when flying?

So far my Phantom has been flawless.

I'm in Sherman Oaks.
never had a problem, tho i've only flown in front of my house, or at the park.
..or a few other residential areas to grab shots of friends properties.

Just gotta use common sense whenever possible.
generally when out in public it draws positive attention (inquiring kids and adults).

But if you're feeling any bit uncertain, it's best to avoid a confrontation.

I am in Pacific Palisades, just over the hill from you and I have never had any problems either. I was approached by a park ranger at Will Rodgers State Park and he said there was no problem as long as I stayed over the grass of the polo field.

I also flew over our town center a few days ago right in front of the local police and they loved it, in fact I let one of the officers wear my Fat Shark goggles as I buzzed the main street. He was so amazed and wanted to know how hard it was to fly and where he could buy one :D

No problems at all... flown in Santa Monica beach, Rosemead, Whittier and various spots in Inland Empire.

Recorded an accident scene last week in Whittier - pretty bad one where a schoolbus hit a car with a fatality. Whittier PD and CHP had no problem with me flying it near their accident scene. A couple city employees asked me about it and said I was fine as long as it didn't crashed into anything.

Yah,. everyone seem to like these things!
every time I've flown mine at a party, people whip out their cameras and take photos of it!

guess it's helpful as well that they're white and toy-like in appearance.

Let's just hope that these things remain relatively positive in the media, and nothing bad happens to cause authorities to take steps to curtain our hobby.

hey
i was flying around the Marquez canyon on Sunday when my quad had a malfunction and dropped
i was just wondering if you would mind doing some flying over the area to see if we could see it thanks
please contact me back at [email protected]

I have been flying around SoCal for over 2 years now and from what i can tell the no-fly trend seems to be major landmarks where there are lots of people as well as dense hi traffic areas. Also you cant fly at any state run parks, Parks run by the City of Beverly Hills.

If you are about to fly and see Law Enforcement or local Security always give them a heads up in regards to what you are about to do and why your doing it and you will likely be welcomed to fly until your hearts content.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20