Any laws on flying near Dams?

My neighbors were fishing real close to one. Like right up by one. like the boat was tied off to the dam. Like they were to touching the concrete. Well anyway needless to say their fishing trip ended with a lot of guns and spotlights pointed at them.

I flew around a dam recently, no problems but then again it's usually pretty empty. Pretty much depends on if any workers freak out thinking ur a terrorist. As long as there's no posted signs against rc or anything u should be fine. Fine as in if they try to arrest u they shouldn't be able to.

There is no law that states, "you cannot fly near a dam". The secret is already out on what they are made out of.

FDC 4/0811 FDC ...SPECIAL NOTICE... THIS IS A RESTATEMENT OF A PREVIOUSLY ISSUED ADVISORY NOTICE. IN THE INTEREST OF NATIONAL SECURITY AND TO THE EXTENT PRACTICABLE, PILOTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO AVOID THE AIRSPACE ABOVE, OR IN PROXIMITY TO SUCH SITES AS POWER PLANTS (NUCLEAR, HYDRO-ELECTRIC, OR COAL), DAMS, REFINERIES, INDUSTRIAL COMPLEXES, MILITARY FACILITIES AND OTHER SIMILAR FACILITIES. PILOTS SHOULD NOT CIRCLE AS TO LOITER IN THE VICINITY OVER THESE TYPES OF FACILITIES.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/100820TFRAuthority.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Posted a pic of a dam in Photos thread. City has crew barns right next to it. No problems at all. But I guess it's a different story on the big, prominent ones.

I never thought to ask the question.
image.jpg

P2V+ image

Reactions: dirkclod
I haven't really took but a few of the ones we have but have done so from a distance . We used to beable to drive right up to the Lock house but after 9/11 they shut that down . It is TVA and is federal here .sunup at waterway 015.JPG

I haven't really took but a few of the ones we have but have done so from a distance . We used to beable to drive right up to the Lock house but after 9/11 they shut that down . It is TVA and is federal here .View attachment 26979
how did you get that pic, its gorgeous! could you share your settings, and ill go back to not hijacking threads afterwards?

thanks, nice pic!

Reactions: dirkclod
how did you get that pic, its gorgeous! could you share your settings, and ill go back to not hijacking threads afterwards?

thanks, nice pic!
Just flew over Waterway to get sunrise and I just used default settings in my now obsolete FC200 :(
Just got lucky bro ;)
Even a blind frog can catch a fly once in awhile ! :)
Thanks for the compliment .

Reactions: Tricky
FDC 4/0811 FDC ...SPECIAL NOTICE... THIS IS A RESTATEMENT OF A PREVIOUSLY ISSUED ADVISORY NOTICE. IN THE INTEREST OF NATIONAL SECURITY AND TO THE EXTENT PRACTICABLE, PILOTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO AVOID THE AIRSPACE ABOVE, OR IN PROXIMITY TO SUCH SITES AS POWER PLANTS (NUCLEAR, HYDRO-ELECTRIC, OR COAL), DAMS, REFINERIES, INDUSTRIAL COMPLEXES, MILITARY FACILITIES AND OTHER SIMILAR FACILITIES. PILOTS SHOULD NOT CIRCLE AS TO LOITER IN THE VICINITY OVER THESE TYPES OF FACILITIES.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/100820TFRAuthority.pdf

I never loiter by them so we are ok.

Just flew over Waterway to get sunrise and I just used default settings in my now obsolete FC200 :(
Just got lucky bro ;)
Even a blind frog can catch a fly once in awhile ! :)
Thanks for the compliment .

Dirk, that is one cracking photo buddy;) you do take some great pics .
Very envious :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers